Invitation to participate in Baum Forum on Schools, Food and Community in NYC

Ryan

Mar 30, 2008, 7:24:01 PM3/30/08
to Real Food NEW YORK
Hi everyone.

I sent this out via the listserv a little bit ago, but I'm hearing
that it didn't reach its destination for some of you. Strange.

Below is a forwarded message from Lizzie at the Baum Forum. Do we have
interest in exhibiting in the Resource Fair? Do we have anything to
exhibit?

I'd be more than happy to be the point person on this if there's
sufficient support from RFNY. Let me know...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE!

The Schools, Food and Community conference team invites your
organization to participate as a Conference Collaborator in this
year's conference April 11th and 12th, at Teachers College Columbia
University. This conference is the third in our series addressing
the
implementation of programs and policies that foster healthy food
choices and well-being in school children. For those of you who have
participated before, we encourage you to join us again! Please visit
www.baumforum.org for details about all 3 conferences.

Schools, Food and Community is made possible through our
relationships
with organizations and individuals working in the field to improve
the
food environment for children and youth both in school and out
through
programs, policy advocacy, and financial support for the movement.
Your participation as a Conference Collaborator enriches the
conference experience for all participants, furthers access to the
resources your organization offers, and helps to build the community
of professionals and advocates doing this work. We ask that you make
the commitment to help us get the word out about the Schools, Food
and
Community event to your constituents and associates and, in return,
we
offer your organization:

1. An opportunity to exhibit without charge in our Resource Fair on
Saturday, April 12th;
2. A listing in Conference Collaborators Directory with direct links
to your organization
and an opportunity to contribute information to our 2008 Resource
Guide; and
3. One complimentary ticket for the April 11th - 12th conference.
(Please note: there is a separate ticket required for the Friday
evening reception and cabaret).

To participate as a Conference Collaborator, please:
Download the E-mail Announcement to forward to your members and
colleagues; AND

Download the Conference Collaborator Registration Form and
FAX it to 718 884 2724; OR
Submit your Information Electronically:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=COX_2b3T6ooxWsD62SLrnZ1w_3d_3d

Please don't hesitate to call us. We want to hear from you.

All the best,

Hilary Baum for the 2008 Conference Team (Toni Liquori, Pam Koch,
Christina Grace)

Baum Forum/Public Market Partners
5454 Palisade Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
718.884.5716
eve...@baumforum.org
www.baumforum.org

Shane Crary-Ross

Apr 1, 2008, 10:02:59 PM4/1/08
to Real Food NEW YORK
Hey,
I was one of those it didn't reach... This sounds really cool, but
like you I question whether we have anything to exhibit... or time to
get it together. Maybe we can talk about this at the meeting on
Sunday for future events like this.
-Shane