answers to all exercises?

Alex Ott

Mar 17, 2009, 7:35:18 AM3/17/09
to real-world-has...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I wanted to ask - is any place, where answers for all exercises are
collected? Sometimes, it's good idea to compare your solution with other
solutions, and find more elegant ones...

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott, MBA
http://alexott.blogspot.com/ http://xtalk.msk.su/~ott/

Chris Dew

Mar 17, 2009, 8:21:40 AM3/17/09
to real-world-has...@googlegroups.com
I have a few answers, and other are improving them :-) but I'm still near the beginning of the book.

http://www.finalcog.com/real-world-haskell-exercise-answers-chapter-1 to 4.

All the best,

Chris.

Chris Dew

Mar 17, 2009, 8:23:14 AM3/17/09
to real-world-has...@googlegroups.com
Would people be interested in me setting up a RWH answers wiki, so that everyone can contribute?

Regards,

Chris.

Alex Ott

Mar 17, 2009, 8:49:42 AM3/17/09
to real-world-has...@googlegroups.com
CD> Would people be interested in me setting up a RWH answers wiki, so
CD> that everyone can contribute? Regards,

My personal answer - yes! ;-) But may be Don, or other RWH authors
implemented this as part of the book's site?

It would good, if we'll able to collect different answers, with
descriptions, what is wrong in some of them, not optimal, etc.

John Goerzen

Mar 17, 2009, 9:16:08 AM3/17/09
Alex Ott wrote:
> CD> Would people be interested in me setting up a RWH answers wiki, so
> CD> that everyone can contribute? Regards,
>
> My personal answer - yes! ;-) But may be Don, or other RWH authors
> implemented this as part of the book's site?

As far as I know, we haven't actually written suggested answers to the
exercises.

I think Bryan's chapters have the most exercises, so he just may be the
one to harass ;-)

On the other hand, there is something to be said for us not publishing
"officially blessed" answers. There is often more than one way to do it
in Haskell, and having several possibilities posted on a wiki somewhere
(haskell.org perhaps) could be more useful even.

> It would good, if we'll able to collect different answers, with
> descriptions, what is wrong in some of them, not optimal, etc.

And I guess I should have read the entire message before starting
typing. I concur, obviously.

-- John

John Goerzen

Mar 17, 2009, 9:18:27 AM3/17/09
Chris Dew wrote:
> Would people be interested in me setting up a RWH answers wiki, so that
> everyone can contribute?

FWIW, the haskell.org wiki is intended to be a community wiki, and would
be perfect for this.

-- John

Chris Dew

Mar 17, 2009, 9:28:27 AM3/17/09
to real-world-has...@googlegroups.com
Yes, haskell.org wiki would be the best place.

Regards,

Chris.

2009/3/17 John Goerzen <jgoe...@complete.org>

Chris Dew wrote:
> Would people be interested in me setting up a RWH answers wiki, so that
> everyone can contribute?

FWIW, the haskel23/auth/loginl.org wiki is intended to be a community wiki, and would

Alex Ott

Mar 18, 2009, 9:48:53 AM3/18/09
to real-world-has...@googlegroups.com
CD> I have a few answers, and other are improving them :-) but I'm still
CD> near the beginning of the book.
CD> http://www.finalcog.com/real-world-haskell-exercise-answers-chapter-1
CD> to 4.

I also upload solved exercises to