RecentChangesCamp 2012 Canberra

Laura Hale

Oct 17, 2011, 3:55:50 PM10/17/11
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi! :)

I'm a bit out of the loop. :) What is going on in the Americas? Are there plans to organise one?  We're still trying on the kiwi side but we've had a few hangups.  If that happens, it will end up late 2012, after my dissertation is turned in. It would be great to link the Australian one more strongly with the American one. :)  Beyond that, I'd be happy to help with any organising that I can from here.

Anyway, Australia in 2012.  We're starting to organise.  As there have been some minor issues with the wiki in the past, we'll probably continue on using Wikiversity and have started planning at http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/University_of_Canberra/RCC2012 . If anyone has any suggestions for how to improve the wiki front end, that would be fantastic.  We'll be hosting the event at the University of Canberra again as two of the organisers are there and we can get the space cheaply.

We're looking for a total of $2,000 AUD in sponsorship money to cover things like food and related materials.  That was last year's budget and I believe we had a comparable proportional budget for our one day RCC in 2010.  If there are any wiki related companies or organisations who might be able so sponsor this year, we'd really appreciate it.  If you can provide $500 in sponsorship, we should be able to swing two travel grants for Australian/Kiwi participants from your organisation or company to travel attend RecentChangesCamp.

Last year Mark Dilley was our facilitator.  This worked out really, really well and people were very happy to have him participate.  They thought he did a fantastic job.  We'd love to have another American or Canadian who has actively participated in RecentChangesCamp come down to Australia to be our facilitator this time.  We don't have the money to provide a full travel grant for airfare, but we could probably provide a partial one and likely find a host so accommodation is much cheaper. We can see what else we can swing.  Last year, AboutUs sponsored Mark Dilley to attend.  We should be able to find a bar, or university space to have some sort of get together like the wikiHow party or even space to run something along the lines of a TikiWiki fest a few days before RCC  if some one is willing to help out facilitator wise as I completely understand the monetary commitment and time commitment of coming to Australia. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) I seriously can't begin to explain how much I love the event and how many doors, both personally and professionally, that RecentChangesCamp has opened for me.  :)

--
mobile: 0412183663
twitter: purplepopple

Marc Laporte

Oct 17, 2011, 7:49:15 PM10/17/11
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I suggest to contact all of these:
http://www.wikimatrix.org/consultants/-/-/australia

I still have some financial reporting to do for the last RCC in Boston.

For the next RCC in North America: I will try to help where I can but
I won't be taking the lead on any new projects for several months.

Best regards,

M ;-)

Erkan Yilmaz

Oct 21, 2011, 9:41:24 PM10/21/11
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
I've listed RCC on WV's main page (1)
--
Find me at:

gnu/linux user #500092

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Diese eMail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail irrtuemlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

Cary Bass

Oct 22, 2011, 1:06:13 AM10/22/11
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
1) I want RecentChangesCamp in Berkeley.
2) I can't take the lead on RecentChangesCamp in Berkeley

That's all.