Atlantis fork axle to crown

mkernan...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2018, 6:04:39 PM3/14/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey there group, specifically Atlantis owners, would a couple of you be able to take measurements of the axle to criwn length on your Atlantis forks? Im sure they are going to differ slightly because of all the different versions over the years. Thank you!! -Mike

René Sterental

Mar 14, 2018, 9:56:26 PM3/14/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Do you want a straIght line measurement or along the fork?

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM <mkernan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey there group,  specifically Atlantis owners, would a couple of you be able to take measurements of the axle to criwn length on your Atlantis forks?   Im sure they are going to differ slightly because of all the different versions over the years.   Thank you!!   -Mike

Mike Williams

Mar 14, 2018, 10:35:37 PM3/14/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Both would be great!  Thanks René

Sent from my iPhone

dougP

Mar 14, 2018, 11:03:42 PM3/14/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Would wheel size make a difference?  56 cm & smaller are 26".  58 cm & larger are 700c.  Some current models also come in 650b.

dougP

Mike Williams

Mar 15, 2018, 5:34:16 AM3/15/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Doh!!  700c Forks

Sent from my iPhone

Matt B.

Mar 15, 2018, 12:27:56 PM3/15/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'd send an email or call Rivendell just to be sure. I don't own an Atlantis but have a an all-rounder similar to it and the axle-to-crown length is 400mm.

frank_a

Mar 15, 2018, 10:58:54 PM3/15/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Mike,
400mm...tape end hooked on a pencil in the dropouts to the crown race.
- Frank

René Sterental

Mar 22, 2018, 8:43:11 PM3/22/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Sorry about the delay, I was out of town.

My original Atlantis fork for my 61cm 700c frame measures about 39.4cm (hard to get an exact measurement) in a straight line from the top of the crown (right above the middle white dot) to the center of the axle, and when trying to measure along the curve of the fork, the measurement comes to about 41cm.

If you need more precision than that, I can try using a string and then measuring the string, but I'd need to enroll my wife to help me out.

Hope this helps,

René