Red Glorius stolen in Saint Paul

Aaron Thomas

Sep 17, 2009, 12:18:57 PM9/17/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
Grant's daughter's Glorius stolen:

http://www.rivbike.com/blogs/news_post/156

Seth Vidal

Sep 17, 2009, 12:20:21 PM9/17/09
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Aaron Thomas <aaron.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Grant's daughter's Glorius stolen:
>
> http://www.rivbike.com/blogs/news_post/156

that's a difficult bike to NOT notice.

hopefully someone will find it soon.

-sv

Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery

Sep 17, 2009, 12:26:06 PM9/17/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
She visited my shop one day with this bike. Nice young woman, nice
bike. These things stand out around here, and assuming it's not at the
bottom of the river, it is likely to be recovered.

Beardpapa

Sep 17, 2009, 12:42:36 PM9/17/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
sorry to hear. hope it pops up

On Sep 17, 11:26 am, Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery

Bill Connell

Sep 17, 2009, 1:29:31 PM9/17/09
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Aaron Thomas <aaron.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Grant's daughter's Glorius stolen:
>
> http://www.rivbike.com/blogs/news_post/156

Big bummer, but there's a fair chance of getting it back - i recovered
3 stolen bikes last year. Grant (or John) has already posted a notice
to Craigslist here, that's a good step.

There's a joke in there somewhere about delivering some lugged steel
justice, but i can't quite work it out...

--
Bill Connell
St. Paul, MN

d2mini

Sep 17, 2009, 2:17:08 PM9/17/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
That is the suck!
I hope it is recovered quickly.

cm

Sep 17, 2009, 4:01:41 PM9/17/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
That is terrible.. Lets help it gets recovered quickly.

It seems like someone would need to know what they were looking at to
steal that bike. That said, I have seen more and more Mixtes around
the U and talked to several students looking for one. "Mixte is the
new Fixed" as one of them said. Now that they seem to be getting more
desirable, I would use extra caution locking mine up.

Cheers!
cm

Seth Vidal

Sep 17, 2009, 4:04:39 PM9/17/09
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

I believe the last time I looked:

fixed was the old fixed
mixte was the new fixed
touring is the new mixte

but in general a bike is worth at least two doses of your drug of choice.

You don't need to know anything other than that you want your fix.

-sv

RoadieRyan

Sep 18, 2009, 12:28:22 PM9/18/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
Major Suckage

One good thing out of this is the power of the internet unleashed for
good. Hope it turns up soon and I hope ^%$# bike thief gets nabbed.

RoadieRyan

Sep 18, 2009, 12:29:09 PM9/18/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
Is there a CSI Twin Cities?

On Sep 17, 1:04 pm, Seth Vidal <skvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tim McNamara

Sep 18, 2009, 12:56:28 PM9/18/09
On Sep 18, 2009, at 11:29 AM, RoadieRyan wrote:

> Is there a CSI Twin Cities?

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension making Minnesota's
criminals nervous since 1949.

http://www.bca.state.mn.us/bca.asp

I know the neighborhood where Ms. Petersen's bike was stolen quite
well, having lived a few blocks away for about 5 years and having
friends down the street. I wouldn't have thought of it as a hotbed
of cycle theft, but there is a lot of college rental in the area
(Macalaster College is about two blocks away) and I suppose that the
neighborhood ends up being a target for bike thieves as a result.

I should post an announcement to Minneapolis Bike Love, if that
hasn't already been done.

Bill Connell

Sep 18, 2009, 1:02:03 PM9/18/09
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

I put a note up there yesterday. For those not in the Twin Cities,
this is a great centralized resource of our bike culture here, and a
generally great bunch of folks.
http://www.mplsbikelove.com/forum/

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

cyclofiend

Sep 18, 2009, 6:19:24 PM9/18/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
On Sep 17, 9:18 am, Aaron Thomas <aaron.a.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Grant's daughter's Glorius stolen:
>
> http://www.rivbike.com/blogs/news_post/156

This thread was a post about Grant's daughter's stolen Rivendell
bicycle in Minnesota. I think it kinda begins and ends there, unless
someone has a report about it being retrieved.

I've deleted the other non-topic comments in this thread and would ask
that we let it drop. Thanks!

- Jim / list admin

grant

Sep 19, 2009, 8:39:23 PM9/19/09
to RBW Owners Bunch
The response has been -- well, indescribable, at least in its warming
effects here and on my daughter. She really wants her bike back, of
couse--and now that we're out of the Glorius and have no more plans
for them immediately--well, that's a blessing, because it's not
something I can afford right now.
But here's a twist: We have a customer named Karl who has a red
Glorious and also lives in St. Paul. I'm feeling bad now, because the
seach for my daughter's bike makes it hard for him to ride his. His
name is Karl, his name is Karl, and if you're in the area and see a
red Glorius ridden by a guy, and you call out "hey, Karl!" and he
doesn't say hi or something, maybe it's the bad guy. Or, maybe Karl
didn't hear you.
We've painted three or four red. Wouldn't you know--two in Saint
Paul.
Karl hasn't complained-in fact, he sent a sympathetic note----but this
makes it awkward for him to ride his...

Anyway, I want to thank everybody for their kind words and wishes. I
can see straight, still. I know that this world and country has bigger
problems than this, and in the big picture this is nothing. I don't
want to compare this to any real problem. I've long felt that if money
can solve a problem, then it's not a huge problem--even if the money's
not there. When you get a bike stolen, and it's a bike you like a lot,
it's more than a money thing. But still, there are bigger real tragic
problems around, even in St. Paul, and...so I thank you all for caring
about this. Katie is overwhelmed at the concern for her bike, and is
quite impressed with the publicity it has received. She feels cared
about and for, and that's why I'm thanking you.
Now...if you see Karl, don't pounce on him! THanks...