Lunar Eclipse; (Riv Content = S24O Worthy)

Ray

Dec 18, 2010, 11:52:31 AM12/18/10
to RBW Owners Bunch
A total lunar eclipse will occur on the Winter Solstice, December
20/21.
It will be the first total lunar eclipse to occur on the day of the
Winter Solstice (in the Northern Hemisphere; Summer in the Southern)
since 1638. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2010_lunar_eclipse

Will be worthy of a Riv S24O to some high, dark place.

cyclotourist

Dec 18, 2010, 12:10:56 PM12/18/10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Rain, rain, go away... :-(

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.
- RTMS

SFF

Dec 18, 2010, 12:28:48 PM12/18/10
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'll be out bike camping during the eclipse. This will be S24O #6 of
the year - my goal was 10 but 6 isn't too bad. Thanks for the eclipse
reminder!

Joel

David Faller

Dec 18, 2010, 12:29:01 PM12/18/10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Same here in Nor Cal.  100% soggy until well after Christmas.

cyclotourist

Dec 18, 2010, 12:52:54 PM12/18/10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
We're supposed to clear up by Wed, but that's still post Equi-lipse.

eflayer

Dec 18, 2010, 2:18:18 PM12/18/10
to RBW Owners Bunch
Lunar Eclipse = good name for a bike...as in the new Rivendell Lunar
Eclipse.

On Dec 18, 9:52 am, cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're supposed to clear up by Wed, but that's still post Equi-lipse.
>

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 9:29 AM, David Faller <dfal...@charter.net> wrote:
> >  Same here in Nor Cal.  100% soggy until well after Christmas.
>
> > On 12/18/2010 9:10 AM, cyclotourist wrote:
>
> > Rain, rain, go away... :-(
>
> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Ray <r.sh...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >> A total lunar eclipse will occur on the Winter Solstice, December
> >> 20/21.
> >> It will be the first total lunar eclipse to occur on the day of the
> >> Winter Solstice (in the Northern Hemisphere; Summer in the Southern)
> >> since 1638. See
>
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2010_lunar_eclipse
>
> >> Will be worthy of a Riv S24O to some high, dark place.
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > David
> > Redlands, CA
>
> > *...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
> > probably benefit more from
> > improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS
>
> > --
>
> >  --
>
> --
> Cheers,
> David
> Redlands, CA
>
> *...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
> probably benefit more from
> improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS- Hide quoted text -

cyclotourist

Seth Vidal

Dec 18, 2010, 2:25:25 PM12/18/10
On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM, cyclotourist <cyclot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OH, that shoulda' been Solsti-lipse.  Apologies to all.

Other cool sun-related terms that would make good bike names:

Rivendell Perihelion - as close to the sun as you can get.
Rivendell Equinox - evenly good in night or day.

-sv

James Warren

Dec 18, 2010, 2:33:45 PM12/18/10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

"Ecliptic"

SFF

Dec 20, 2010, 1:59:19 PM12/20/10
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm heading out the door for a Lunar S240 but:
“We’re going to have low clouds forming shortly after midnight —
continuing through daybreak — that’s going to block out visibilty of
the moon for the most part,” National Weather Service forecaster Monte
Oaks said. “The best chance of catching the moon will probably will be
in the early part of the eclipse.”

Dang it!!

Joel
(There is no dark side of the moon - really.)