felsenstein's ascertainment bias correction in CIPRES

Santiago Ceballos

Dec 28, 2017, 4:57:39 PM12/28/17
to raxml
Hi,

I'm trying to run the felsenstein's ascertainment bias correction in CIPRES but I get this error:

"custom protein substitution or ascertainment bias file [p0.txt] you want to use does not exist! you need to specify the full path
 the file name shall not contain blanks!"

Mi corresponding files are:

part.txt:
[asc~p0.txt], ASC_DNA, p0=1-8527

p0.txt:
273400

Thanks,

Santiago

Mark Miller

Dec 29, 2017, 12:04:15 PM12/29/17
to raxml

Hi Santiago,

For CIPRES, the name of the ascertainment bias file will be set by the interface, and you have no control over it.

In your case, I believe asc~p1.txt  will work.

Check your output, and look for the bias file. It will be named p1.txt or something like that. Make sure your partition file calls for that file name.

You can contact me here, or directly if that doesn’t make sense.

Mark

Santiago Ceballos

Dec 29, 2017, 12:52:12 PM12/29/17
to raxml
Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't work, I still have the same problem. I used:

part.txt:
[asc~p1.txt], ASC_DNA, p1=1-8527

p1.txt:
273400

Santiago

Mark Miller

Jan 2, 2018, 3:13:50 PM1/2/18
to raxml
Hi Santiago,
After we looked at this together, I figured out the issue.

You have to use the newer raxml interface, raxmlhpc8_xsede

Look for this prompt:

Choose Ascertainment bias correction file 1 (will be named p1.txt)

The earlier interface does not have the option to upload the required file.

Mark

Mark Miller