Multilingual documents in raven?

marcus

Feb 9, 2011, 5:44:02 AM2/9/11
to ravendb
I'm developing a fairly simple site using ravendb and I would like to
have multilingual support for my pages. Has there been any previous
work on this and maybe there is a bundle available? If not, what is
the best approach solving this? I have read about the revision bundle
and the same approach maybe works for multiple language support?

Ayende Rahien

Feb 9, 2011, 5:45:39 AM2/9/11
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Marcus,
You need to provide additional information for us to be able to provide you with an accurate answer.
What precisely do you mean, by talking about multi lingual docs?

To start with, RavenDB fully supports Unicode, so you can certainly store documents with multiple languages inside it

marcus

Feb 9, 2011, 5:57:09 AM2/9/11
to ravendb
My question was more directed at whether there are any guidelines on
how to save the document in multiple languages for them to be
associated with another document, and be easy to retrieve. For
example, should I use metadata to store document references to the
original, language code, etc. With previous work I mean, is there a
bundle like the versioning bundle that I just can download and use?

Ayende Rahien

Feb 9, 2011, 7:07:29 AM2/9/11
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I would generally do things like: