Edit existing svg document

swas

Sep 14, 2009, 3:34:30 PM9/14/09
to Raphaël
Using Raphaël, can I edit, apply animations, etc. an existing svg
document?

Thanks.

drozzy

Sep 16, 2009, 10:15:16 AM9/16/09
to Raphaël
Would be interested in this as well.
In my case I want to detect some events on svg-image elements
generated by some external program, like matplotlib.

Tamale

Sep 17, 2009, 6:50:07 PM9/17/09
to Raphaël
I need something similar.. I have a php script which already generates
the an SVG, but I'd like to use raphael to work with the SVG once it's
on the page.. is there any kind of a 'load' function in raphael for
this?

kirkaustin

Sep 21, 2009, 11:23:02 AM9/21/09
to Raphaël
Yes, I need the same thing.

It would be a great addition to the library!

a.shaferov

Sep 21, 2009, 2:14:44 PM9/21/09
to Raphaël
Same question. Does someone know answer?
Does someone know another animation engine, that can do so?

Dmitry Baranovskiy

Sep 21, 2009, 11:56:48 PM9/21/09
to Raphaël
Use old plain JavaScript for this or write a plugin for Raphaël that
will parse existing SVG. At the moment there are no plans on
implementing this feature.

jmerari

Sep 24, 2009, 1:22:42 PM9/24/09
to Raphaël

I'm doing a little experiment using svgnet library (http://
www.jbrowse.com/svgnet/) to parse Inkscape output into javascript
statement to drive Raphael. It works for simple-untransformed object.
But if Inkscape has transformed it using matrix transformation, I
can't render it correctly in Raphael. Once you have multiple action
(translate - rotate - translate - scale ...) you can't recover the
order of action and re-play it with Raphael API.

So I make an exact string copy of Inkscape matrix to force transform
attribute value, e.g:

var diagram = Raphael(...)
var rect = diagram.rect(...)
rect.node.setAttribute({transform:"matrix (.., ... ,...,...)"});

It works in FF, Opera, Chrome, ... and of course not in IE.
I've try using DXImageTransform.Matrix (....) in IE, it works for the
rotation and scaling, but not for the translation.
I'm running out ideas, how to render it correctly in IE.

Any suggestion?

keanzu

Oct 10, 2009, 5:09:13 PM10/10/09
to Raphaël
Anyone made any further progress on this? I also want to load SVG
into IE8.