Chapter meet:29th August 2010(Update)

deepa roongta

Aug 30, 2010, 3:12:23 AM8/30/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Greetings for the day!

Firstly i would like to thank all of you who made it to the chapter meet.It was lovely meeting everyone and I am sure all of us had a great time.

The marathon registrations went well.If any of you has still not registered ,please let us know.

Enclosed please find a summary of the discussion at the meet.

Upcoming events:

a)We are putting up a Rangde stall on 1st September at the B&K conference Trinity at Trident in BKC.Here we will have an oppurtunity to connect with the corporate India.Do join us if you can.Timings:9am to 6p.m.
b)We will be making a short presentation about Rangde to the residents of Raheja complex in Borivalli on 5th September.Do join us if u can.
c)We will be meeting a social investor from Rotract club who heads the micro credit chair for the club and wants an association of the club with Rangde.

Events planned:

a)We will be organising an event to create awareness about Rangde in the month of November 2010.After a brief discussion within the group we have decided to organise a play or a stand up comedy.We will start talking to various theatre groups and owners of some good plays which are currently being played in Mumbai.Ravi Balgi and Kunal Batra will lead this campaign.

b)Radio is a very good medium to create awareness about Rangde.We will talk to various Radio stations to have some kind of association with them wherein we can do some activity with them.Rohini will lead this campaign.

c)Social media has come up in big way.In Mumbai we have lots of people who are very active in the social media space.We can connect with these people and organize various events to create awareness about Rangde.Deepa will lead this campaign.

d)We need to partner will ngo's in Mumbai as i am sure there are lots of ngo's who have self help groups in Mumbai.We will have a core group for this particular activity.Shantaram is a part of this group and any of you who wants to join please feel free to write.

e)Corporate Connect Programme's:This is a platform wherein we can have an association with corporates.We can have an employee engagement programme with them wherein the employees can become social investors or the corporate can invest as a group.We have a presentation for the corporate connect programme and if any of you needs it,please let us know.

Right now we have three volunteers who will be talking to their companies about the corporate connect programme.They are Midhun:JP Morgan,Manan:Capgemini,Kunal:Credit Suisse.

We will be having a conference call of 4th September.(Time will be updated soon).

The next chapter meeting is on 12th September(Tentative date).

Hope to catch up with everyone on 4th on the conference call.

Please feel free to write in your suggestions and queries.

Regards
Deepa

Shirley Ghosh

Aug 30, 2010, 3:40:54 AM8/30/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
I really did miss something!! Do any of you have photographs that were clicked yesterday? Could you share it with me?

Regards
Shirley

michelle pinto

Aug 30, 2010, 6:51:27 AM8/30/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

@ Shantaram, I'd like to volunteer with the SHG campaign since I have an association with Swadhaar Finaccess which in turn works with other Ngo's in Mumbai that work with self-help groups. So maybe in the next meeting you could tell me what exactly you plan do to in this area and I could initiate a talk with the program manager at Finaccess.

@Deepa - Also I could come in for half day on Sept.1st at BKC. Just let me know which half and what time you need me there. And if it isn't too much of a bother then would you consider moving the meet date to 19th Sept instead...busy with exams during 12th Sept.

@Shirley- I'm interested in contributing to the newsletter..anything I can do like write articles?

Regards,
Michelle

Midhun Agnihotram

Aug 30, 2010, 3:03:16 PM8/30/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Talking about the play, my flatmate went to an english comedy show called "Get rid of my wife" on Sunday at Sophia Theatre, Grant Road. It seems it was awesome and I have heard from people too that the play is good. Also the theatre had a capacity of around 500 people or more. I think it is a good target. Ticket prices vary from Rs 300 to Rs 1000. The theatre went house full.

The director of the play is Paritosh Painter. If anybody has contacts from theatre group has contacts, may be we can talk to him. It seems they were giving out Kingfisher coupons for Rs 500 off at the play. If they could do that, I am sure they might be willing to help us with a cut for them.in the ticket price :)

Midhun.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM, deepa roongta <droo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Shirley Ghosh

Aug 31, 2010, 12:59:21 AM8/31/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michelle,

Would love to have you contribute. Maybe we can speak about it on the 01st of September when we meet.

Regards
Shirley

Deepa Roongta

Aug 31, 2010, 2:38:31 AM8/31/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shirley

No we did not click any picture this time.Will surely do it next time.

@Michelle:Can you join us around 12.30?
Yes we will postpone the meeting to 19th September

@Midhun:Thats really nice..Lets try and work this out.

Regards
Deepa
Deepa Roongta
Chapter Member(Mumbai)
RangDe
(Share the colours of joy)
Small Loans, Big Impacts. Log on to www.rangde.org to make a social investment today!

michelle pinto

Aug 31, 2010, 2:50:21 AM8/31/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Yep, i'll be there by 1...will there be lunch arrangements for us too?

pranat bhadani

Aug 31, 2010, 4:15:07 AM8/31/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
I am new to the group and hope to be actively involved in any way i can, I have written an article on microfinance.I would love to share it.
Topic: is Microfinance a 'silver lining' for the Indian poor
http://jaane-bhi-do.blogspot.com/

Would be great to hear your reviews on it.

Regards,
Pranat Bhadani

manan patel

Aug 31, 2010, 5:12:13 AM8/31/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Nice 1 Pranat. Gives a nice brief Insight to some1 who is totally new to the world of Microfinance.

Deepa Roongta

Aug 31, 2010, 6:11:22 AM8/31/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michelle,

Yes there will be...

Regards
Deepa

Mitesh Tank

Aug 31, 2010, 10:52:06 PM8/31/10
to Rang De Mumbai Chapter
All the best for the 1st Sept event.......
It would be a great opportunity to spread the word of Rang De in the
corporate world......
:-)

Regards,
Mitesh

On Aug 31, 6:11 am, Deepa Roongta <de...@rangde.org> wrote:
> Hey Michelle,
>
> Yes there will be...
>
> Regards
> Deepa
>
> On 31 August 2010 12:20, michelle pinto <pintomichell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Yep, i'll be there by 1...will there be lunch arrangements for us too?
>
> > On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Deepa Roongta <de...@rangde.org> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Shirley
>
> >> No we did not click any picture this time.Will surely do it next time.
>
> >> @Michelle:Can you join us around 12.30?
> >> Yes we will postpone the meeting to 19th September
>
> >> @Midhun:Thats really nice..Lets try and work this out.
>
> >> Regards
> >> Deepa

> >> --
> >> Deepa Roongta
> >> Chapter Member(Mumbai)
> >> RangDe
> >> (Share the colours of joy)
> >> Small Loans, Big Impacts. Log on towww.rangde.orgto make a social
> >> investment today!
>
> >> --
>
> > --
>
> --
> Deepa Roongta
> Chapter Member(Mumbai)
> RangDe
> (Share the colours of joy)
> Small Loans, Big Impacts. Log on towww.rangde.orgto make a social
> investment today!

Shantaram

Sep 4, 2010, 8:22:10 AM9/4/10
to rangde...@googlegroups.com
BKC event update :

Thanks shirley, deepa, sagar and michelle for chipping in at the BKC event.
it went off great with all your help.
It was quality more than the quantity of the visitors we got at the stall.
We've connected with a few top honchos from the corporates and deepa
is now in touch with them to take it ahead.

Thanks & Regards,

Shantaram Waingankar
RangDe Chapter Member, Mumbai

Cell      +91 9969035764

It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference- Tom Brokaw.
Run for RangDe at the Mumbai Marathon 2011 and help us spread the word about microcredit. Read more at http://bit.ly/byeHUX.