Any more Shenandoah 1200 updates?

Jim Bronson

Jun 6, 2008, 10:42:55 AM6/6/08
to randon
I enjoyed the pictures from the first controle. More, please! :-)

--
having a blood clot is a sticky situation

Jim Logan

Jun 6, 2008, 11:28:54 PM6/6/08
to Jim Bronson, randon

I worked at the Harrisonburg control last night. Took photos of as many
people as I could. I know publishing them to Kodakgallery isn't ideal, ...
but hey, I was up all night working a control, and I need to run since I am
riding an MS150 this weekend, then riding it backward. Perhaps someone can
copy them to somewhere more convenient.

Photos are here:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=mern5yr.c6d3njzv&x=0&y=-3gw095&localeid=
en_US

Bones was control chief. I was just a worker bee.

My summary interpretation of how people fared the first day is that the
combination of these three factors:
- A first day heavily weighted to Appalachian rollers
- Heat and humidity
- Riding in early June
hit people hard if they weren't prepared for one or more of them. Some
people of course rode well, while some got hit by a combinations of these.

The first day with the rollers is reportedly hardest. So those that left
the control with good energy and good spirits should do well.

Jim Logan
Pittsburgh

_______________________________________
Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.3.5
http://www.iolo.com

bullcitybiker

Jun 7, 2008, 8:19:38 AM6/7/08
to randon
Same here- Mike Dayton's North Carolina volunteers from the Fancy Gap
control are heading home right now. Mike says he'll have some thoughts
and info later but until then here are some photos from Fancy Gap:

http://tiny.cc/MtkPI

Branson

Jim Bronson

Jun 7, 2008, 11:23:31 AM6/7/08
to jiml...@verizon.net, randon
your link was across 2 lines for me, which made it not clickable, but
this should work:

http://tinyurl.com/4kfsfz

Peter Noris

Jun 7, 2008, 1:00:08 PM6/7/08
to Jim Bronson, jiml...@verizon.net, randon
good to pictures of friends doing stuff I'm not up for this year! (LOL).

--
Peter
"Seeing the U.S.A. one brevet at a time"

321-794-0500 cell - 352-275-5888 home - Skype me at Peter.F.Noris

Mike Dayton

Jun 7, 2008, 4:53:03 PM6/7/08
to randon
Here is a slideshow of photos from the Fancy Gap control.

http://tinyurl.com/49lrng

Thanks, Mike / Raleigh