VT400k

littlecirclesvt.com :: mike beganyi

Jun 19, 2013, 10:16:35 AM6/19/13
to ran...@googlegroups.com
I've updated our information sheet on the VT400k:

Start location is the Park and Ride on Dog River Rd., Montpelier, VT.
Total mileage this year is ~248 - down from the last few runnings of this event.

Lodging nearby, Econo Lodge and the Comfort Inn and Suites at Maplewood.

Please be prepared to be self sufficient through the last ~92 miles.
After the Ludlow control, everything will be closed by 10pm.
We will have a water cache - location given on the cue at the start.

Cue sheets available sometime next week to registered riders.
Pre-ride / drive is happening this weekend.

-Mike

littlecirclesvt.com :: mike beganyi

Jun 25, 2013, 9:38:08 PM6/25/13
to ran...@googlegroups.com
All,

Updated cue is available for registered riders. Contact me to get a copy.
~251 miles, lots of climbing. Lots of it. And plenty of descending. And some of my favorite paved roads (climbs included) in the state.

Some notes we'll repeat on Saturday:

Portions out of the start on Dog River Rd. are dirt, just a mile or so.
River Road near Killington turns to dirt for a few miles. A very pleasant alternate to continuing to climb on US 4.

Due to construction we take a slightly shorter, but hillier detour onto Plunkton Rd and E. Warren Rd. between Warren and Waitsfield. Portions of these roads are dirt - far smoother than anything they are doing while paving VT 100, which I've been told by numerous locals and the state AOT is unrideable by (sane) cyclists.

We are expecting a small group. Remember that the VT events are primarily self supported. Be prepared to fend for yourself for food / water / sustenance. I've noted key resupply locations on the cue - but there are many other options along the route.

-Mike