Ramaze 2009.01 released

1 view

jesusisramaz...@geoshell.com

Jan 12, 2009, 11:09:19 PM1/12/09
to ram...@googlegroups.com
The Ramaze development team is happy to announce version 2009.01 of
Ramaze, the "unRails" web development framework for Ruby. This is our
first official release since autumn 2008, which saw quiet releases of
2008.09, .10, .11 and .12. There have been several fixes and
adjustments which have made the overall Ramaze experience smoother.
Here's a rundown of what changed since 2008.10:

* The project generator (<code>ramaze --create</code>) should now
work under Windows
* Most extensions to Ruby core classes have been moved into the
Ramaze namespace
* String#/ and Symbol#/ have been deprecated (use File.join instead)
* Fixed bug which mapped '/' to Controller
* Changes and improvements to file watching (automatic source
reload); will use inotify if available on system
* Fixed routing bug which caused occasional, rare routing failures
under concurrent load
* Fixes, improvements and/or more documentation for the paginate,
httpdigest, user, redirect, gravatar, mock_http, markaby helpers
* Bench(mark) helper added
* Several other minor updates to the core, core warnings and error
messages, core docs, and core specs.
* Some updates to contrib code

Contributions to this release came from many people (listed alphabetically):

* Aki Reijonen
* Aman Gupta (tmm1)
* Andreas Karlsson
* Andrew Farmer (Xichekolas)
* Antti Tuomi (hrnt)
* Clive Crous
* Colin Shea
* Gavin Kistner
* Michael Fellinger (manveru)
* (Pistos)
* Riku Raisaenen (rikur)
* Vincent Roy

Install or update Ramaze with

gem install ramaze

It may also be worth mentioning that the Camping dependency that was
inadvertently introduced with Rack 0.9.0 is no longer present in Rack
0.9.1, so the latest Rack gem (as of this writing) should be
compatible with all recent Ramaze releases.

In addition to announcing this release, I should also mention that a
team is currently working on the main website and wiki. This includes
major visual redesign, as well as plenty of content updates. I'm
hesitant to directly link to the website at this time, as I feel it
isn't ready for general amazement, but stay tuned! :)

As usual, we'd love to hear from long-time users and newbies alike.
:) Stop by and say hello in [our IRC
channel](http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.freenode.net&channel=%23ramaze)
(#ramaze on Freenode), or ask questions on [our mailing
list](http://groups.google.com/group/ramaze).

--
Pistos
http://blog.purepistos.net