ramaze.net status

Michael Fellinger

Jan 1, 2009, 2:40:39 AM1/1/09
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

As some of you might have noticed, I had to push the yet unfinished
website to ramaze.net:80, sourceview and rapaste are still the same.
I had to do this after the old php wiki finally died and I'm way too
annoyed by PHP+fcgi to fix it. So if you guys want to improve the
site, fork the repo or ask me to collaborate, it's at:

http://github.com/manveru/ramaze.net

The new wiki will be up tonight so you can get your docs (around 11pm
JST). I will write another mail about the wiki and how to contribute.

^ manveru

James Britt

Jan 1, 2009, 11:55:23 AM1/1/09
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Michael Fellinger wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> As some of you might have noticed, I had to push the yet unfinished
> website to ramaze.net:80, sourceview and rapaste are still the same.
> I had to do this after the old php wiki finally died and I'm way too
> annoyed by PHP+fcgi to fix it. So if you guys want to improve the
> site, fork the repo or ask me to collaborate, it's at:
>
> http://github.com/manveru/ramaze.net

Why, oh why, did you use haml? :(

I've been working on a Rails project someone turned over to me, and
fighting haml all the way. It's the worst aspects of yaml and HTML.
All in one.

--
James Britt

www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding

Michael Fellinger

Jan 1, 2009, 12:28:37 PM1/1/09
to ram...@googlegroups.com

OK, a bit late, but the wiki is now up at http://wiki.ramaze.net source is at:

http://github.com/manveru/rakki/tree/master

I'll be putting the repo of the pages up later, if you want access to
the wiki please send me a mail in private.

And to james, I didn't write the ramaze.net page, but I don't
understand what's so bad about Haml (been using it for half a year
now), or for that matter, what's so bad about YAML :)
Care to enlighten me?

^ manveru

Ryan Grove

Jan 1, 2009, 3:05:04 PM1/1/09
to ram...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Michael Fellinger
<m.fel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As some of you might have noticed, I had to push the yet unfinished
> website to ramaze.net:80, sourceview and rapaste are still the same.

Nice! I like the new look.

- Ryan

James Britt

Jan 1, 2009, 7:22:07 PM1/1/09
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Michael Fellinger wrote:
te.

> And to james, I didn't write the ramaze.net page, but I don't
> understand what's so bad about Haml (been using it for half a year
> now), or for that matter, what's so bad about YAML :)
> Care to enlighten me?

Significant indentation == stupid annoyances for no gain. It's the
markup equivalent of static typing.

Cannot easily move between HTML editor tools and HAML templates.

Hard to follow for anything but trivial-sized documents because it isn't
obvious where things end.

A mistake in indentation can possibly make for a valid document with
unintended semantics.

No auto-formatter in vi as far as I know.

Cut-n-paste is an invitation for FAIL.

Of course, opinions may vary. ;)