Table Tennis

1 view

Matt Allen

May 11, 2009, 8:42:47 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Hey All;

There is a table tennis table at RC5, I'll bring my bat and some balls but the other ones I have aren't much chop (ha ha !) as they live outside.

So, anyone have some bats they wouldn't mind letting others use?  I'm assuming they only provide the table.

Matta

Jason Crane

May 11, 2009, 8:51:03 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
I will bring a bat or two and some balls.

Jonathan Clarke

May 11, 2009, 9:32:04 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Bring it on. Got to my uni finals 5 years ago, moved to china and got beaten by an 8 year old in straight sets.  My fitness is not what it once was though....cough..cough...

Ryan Bigg

May 11, 2009, 9:37:22 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
I am keen for a game and if need be I will contribute to the Table Tennis Fund.

No claim to getting into finals, but I've played against Jason from Katalyst in Radelaide and he won 21-3. However, I have my suspicions about him being a Chinese spy, or perhaps one of his ancestors was Chinese and it's just an innate ability.

(btw did anyone see the monopoly China got on the Table Tennis "World" Championships? They won *every* *single* *medal* except two bronze ones! ZOMG HAX)

Will be good to play again!

Matthew Lambie

May 11, 2009, 10:08:06 PM5/11/09
to RailsCamp
I played against my wife in Thailand on our honeymoon and she beat me
more often than not.

Perhaps I can keep score for others?

Matt

Jason Crane

May 11, 2009, 10:15:22 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
So is someone writing an app that manages a round-robin tourney, (and
scores) and notifies people when their game is on via the internal
twitter we'll be running?

Lachlan Hardy

May 11, 2009, 10:33:11 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
> So is someone writing an app that manages a round-robin tourney, (and
> scores) and notifies people when their game is on via the internal
> twitter we'll be running?

Jousting Sticks, anyone?!

http://rails-oceania.googlecode.com/svn/railscamp-projects/joustingsticks/

Not that any of us finished... well, anything... But that could be our
first order of business!

funk_e

May 11, 2009, 11:23:07 PM5/11/09
to rail...@googlegroups.com
I'll bite. I'm no good at it but someone has to fill those lower spots on the "Inaugural rails camp table tennis tourney" (TM ;) ) :)

Matt

(funk_e)