NoMethodError (undefined method `excluded?' for RailsAdmin::Config:Module):

dalm

Aug 16, 2011, 4:30:44 PM8/16/11
to rails_admin
Hi,

I've been developing fine for 2 months with this in my gemfile:

gem 'rails_admin', :git => 'git://github.com/sferik/
rails_admin.git'

and then the other day I did a

bundle update

and discovered that now you're on rails 3.1rc and I'm using 3.0.9, so
I changed my gemfile:

gem 'rails_admin', :git => 'git://github.com/sferik/
rails_admin.git', :branch => 'rails-3.0'

and now many of my tables cannot be edited in rails_admin.

It looks like it has to do with change in association code, because
simple tables work.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

Benoit Bénézech

Aug 17, 2011, 4:50:40 AM8/17/11
to rails...@googlegroups.com
If you have problem with belongs_to associations, it's because you now need to reference them by the association name, not the association key anymore.

field :user_id

 becomes

field :user

dalm

Aug 20, 2011, 6:58:10 PM8/20/11
to rails_admin
Thanks! (I thought that was only true for 3.1 branch.)

That fixed it.