HABTM and attr_accessible documentation

Sean Rudford

Sep 27, 2011, 1:17:40 AM9/27/11
to rails_admin
I'm continuing to have issues with habtm relationships and what
attributes I need to give access to. It shows up in rails_admin as
read only. I think this is a simple thing that I'm missing. I've
tried adding :partner, :partner_id(s).

So if I just need to whitelist something or add another something to
the attr_accessible.

Here's my current set up:

Models
##########################

class Partner < ActiveRecord::Base

attr_accessible :name, :one_percent, :b_corp_member, :level, :type, :start_date, :end_date, :region, :logo, :description, :abstract

[...]

has_and_belongs_to_many :events
end

class Events < ActiveRecord::Base
attr_accessible :title, :when, :description, :college_id, :partners

[...]

has_and_belongs_to_many :partners
end

##########################

Rails admin config
##########################

config.model Event do
field :partners, :has_and_belongs_to_many_association
field :college, :belongs_to_association

field :title, :string
field :when, :datetime
field :description, :text do
ckeditor true
end
end

config.model Partner do
field :address, :has_one_association
field :states, :has_and_belongs_to_many_association
field :events, :has_and_belongs_to_many_association

field :name, :string
field :logo, :paperclip_file
field :abstract, :text do
ckeditor true
end
field :description, :text do
ckeditor true
end
field :one_percent, :boolean
field :b_corp_member, :boolean
field :level, :string
field :start_date, :date
field :end_date, :date
field :region, :string
end

Also, guys, thanks for making this. The more I get into it, the more
I appreciate all the flexibility you've built into it.