Contribution - Polish

[s]

Sep 11, 2008, 7:07:24 AM9/11/08
to rails...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just signed up for this group so if some of my questions were already answered - please bear with me.
From what I've seen from the presentation and the site, there's still nobody doing Polish translations or dealing with Polish stuff in general.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I've been working on a few Polish rails projects already and I know the pain of all the monkeypatching, activerecord hacking, rails-bending etc.
That's why I'd like to contribute to the project.
If there's a need in contribution to the Polish side of the project - just point me in the right direction, show me where to start and I'll be happy to help. It'll serve me well too, so I'm helping myself in the first place :)
Thanks in advance for the info.

Sabon (Radek Sienkiewicz)

Yaroslav Markin

Sep 11, 2008, 7:24:17 AM9/11/08
to rails...@googlegroups.com
Well, since you are working on Polish projects and _you_ use Polish as a primary language, that is a reason good enough to contribute, right? ;)

I guess Polish and Russian languages are very similar, so be sure to check out http://github.com/yaroslav/russian , you may need pluralization and/or month names hacks.
--
Yaroslav Markin
evilmartians.com | rubyonrails.ru

Sabon

Sep 11, 2008, 7:29:24 AM9/11/08
to rails...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's a reason good enough indeed.
And that's also the reason why I'm offering my contribution :)

Polish and Russian are a little bit similar (I know both) except for the different type of an alpahabet :)
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Sven Fuchs

Sep 12, 2008, 12:17:54 PM9/12/08
to rails...@googlegroups.com
Hey Radek,

welcome to the list :)

Not sure what "the right direction" is in this case, but Clemens' demo
application could use Polish translations:

http://github.com/clemens/i18n_demo_app/tree/master/config/locales

These also include all the Rails translations (hopefully complete) so
we can extract them afterwards and put them into our central
repository for Rails locale data.