Change datasource name in railo-administrator

Mischa Sameli

Jun 9, 2009, 1:04:21 AM6/9/09
to Railo
Does anyone know the reason why it's not possible to change the
datasource name in railo-admin (no problem in cf-admin)? This would be
a really nice feature for me in the development and bugfixing process,
because I often need the database with different datasets. In cf-
admin, I can register all my datasources and only have to change the
datasource name to the actually needed datasource.
Cheers
Mischa

Peter Boughton

Jun 9, 2009, 5:32:05 AM6/9/09
to ra...@googlegroups.com
That's a good point - sometimes it can be useful to "shuffle"
datasources like this.

As a workaround to not currently being able to do it in administrator,
you can solve the problem by editing the config file - have a look in
{webroot}/WEB-INF/railo/railo-web.xml for the "data-sources" tag.

Michael Offner-Streit

Jun 9, 2009, 7:21:01 AM6/9/09
to ra...@googlegroups.com
the problem here is that railo use the datasource name as id for the
connection pool, if you change the name of the datasource you loose all
existing connections, this i not a big problem because this connections
are then closed after connection timeout.

but when we add this feature we have to add a id for all datasource
definitions as well (because itis cleaner).
if you want you can make a feature request for this here:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RAILO

greetings micha

Peter Boughton schrieb:
--
Michael Offner-Streit
Technical Support

Mischa Sameli

Jun 9, 2009, 8:25:04 AM6/9/09
to Railo
@Peter: That's way I do it at the moment, but it's bit silly... :-)
@Micha: Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to write a feature
request - I wish jira had a easier to understand UI...

On 9 Jun., 13:21, Michael Offner-Streit <michael.off...@railo.ch>
wrote:
> the problem here is that railo use the datasource name as id for the
> connection pool, if you change the name of the datasource you loose all
> existing connections, this i not a big problem because this connections
> are then closed after connection timeout.
>
> but when we add this feature we have to add a id  for all datasource
> definitions as well (because itis cleaner).
> if you want you can make a feature request for this here:https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RAILO
>
> greetings micha
>
> Peter Boughton schrieb:
>
> > That's a good point - sometimes it can be useful to "shuffle"
> > datasources like this.
>
> > As a workaround to not currently being able to do it in administrator,
> > you can solve the problem by editing the config file - have a look in
> > {webroot}/WEB-INF/railo/railo-web.xml for the "data-sources" tag.
>
> --
> Michael Offner-Streit
> Technical Support
> Railo Technologies GmbH
> michael.off...@railo.chwww.railo-technologies.com

WebFlint

Jun 9, 2009, 8:34:49 AM6/9/09
to Railo
The connection timeout occurs from last access right? So on a public
site that had steady traffic the connection wouldn't timeout. That is
just how I've always understood it, correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks,

.brett

On Jun 9, 7:21 am, Michael Offner-Streit <michael.off...@railo.ch>

Michael Offner-Streit

Jun 9, 2009, 8:44:09 AM6/9/09
to ra...@googlegroups.com
you are exactly right yes

/micha

WebFlint schrieb:
--
Michael Offner-Streit
CTO

WebFlint

Jun 9, 2009, 9:13:51 AM6/9/09
to Railo
Cool, just making sure.

I just opened another issue to datasources and the timeout setting,
namely the ability to not maintain connections:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RAILO-263

Also while we are on the subject of datasources, I was curious why the
setting "Preserve single quotes" was not datasource specific? In most
instances when I want to turn this off I'd want to only turn if off
for a specific datasource.

On Jun 9, 8:44 am, Michael Offner-Streit <michael.off...@railo.ch>
wrote:
> you are exactly right yes
>
> /micha
>
> WebFlint schrieb:
>

> > The connection timeout occurs from last access right?  So on a public
> > site that had steady traffic the connection wouldn't timeout.  That is
> > just how I've always understood it, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> > thanks,
>
> > .brett
>
> > On Jun 9, 7:21 am, Michael Offner-Streit <michael.off...@railo.ch>
> > wrote:
>
> >> this i not a big problem because this connections
> >> are then closed after connection timeout.
>
> --
> Michael Offner-Streit
> CTO
> Railo Technologies GmbH
> michael.off...@railo.chwww.getrailo.com

Mischa Sameli

Jun 9, 2009, 11:58:16 AM6/9/09
to Railo
Just as a information for thread-followers: the feature-request for
editing datasource names can be followed at https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RAILO-262
many thanks to micha