Email sent from Railo has attachment

whostheJBoss

Jan 5, 2010, 9:04:16 AM1/5/10
to Railo
When I send email through <cfmail> on Railo the email comes through
with an attachment and this in the header:

This does not happen on CF. Is there something I need to do to
eliminate this?

gary gilbert

Jan 5, 2010, 10:07:05 AM1/5/10
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I have a contact form on my site that uses cfmail to send the message to me and it does not have an attachment, most email programs add headers that have either content-type: multipart/mixed or multipart/alternative, but they dont show as attachements

Gary Gilbert
http://www.garyrgilbert.com/blog

GRAPE Stack

Jan 5, 2010, 10:32:23 AM1/5/10
to Railo
Well, the ColdFusion header comes through as this:

Railo as this:

The ColdFusion has no attachment, the Railo message does...

On Jan 5, 7:07 am, gary gilbert <gary.gilb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a contact form on my site that uses cfmail to send the message to me
> and it does not have an attachment, most email programs add headers that
> have either content-type: multipart/mixed or multipart/alternative, but they
> dont show as attachements
>

> Gary Gilberthttp://www.garyrgilbert.com/blog

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM, whostheJBoss <dotfus...@changethings.org>wrote:
>

> > When I send email through <cfmail> on Railo the email comes through
> > with an attachment and this in the header:

> > This does not happen on CF. Is there something I need to do to
> > eliminate this?
>
> > --

> > railo+un...@googlegroups.com <railo%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

whostheJBoss

Jan 5, 2010, 11:21:38 AM1/5/10
to Railo
I have also added:

<cfmailparam name="MIME-Version" value="1.0">
<cfmailparam name="Content-Type" value="#ContentValue#">
<cfmailparam name="Content-Transfer-Encoding" value="7bit">

But the result is identical, the content-type is still multipart/
mixed...

whostheJBoss

Jan 8, 2010, 2:25:31 AM1/8/10
to Railo
Thanks for fixing the email attachment issue Micha! When can I expect
to get my hands on .007? :)

Also, is anyone out there successfully using useTLS="true" with
<cfmail> on Railo? I'm looking for confirmation that the problem is on
my end.

Michael Offner-Streit

Jan 8, 2010, 5:58:36 AM1/8/10
to ra...@googlegroups.com
yes this will comes with version 007, we have also fixed other ssues
with cfmail/cfpop/cfimap

[ RAILO-116 ] Malformed emails can cause CFPOP to throw
javax.mail.internet.ParseException
[ RAILO-474 ] CFPOP fails to retrieve attached files IF they end in a
TXT extension
[ RAILO-85 ] cfpop fails with unknown character encoding
[ RAILO-97 ] Text file attachments handled differently in Railo by CFPOP
[ RAILO-559 ] cfmail fails when apostrophes are present in email address
[ RAILO-568 ] Mail sent with cfmail contains attachment and wrong MIME-type

we will also check the tls functionality
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RAILO-567

/micha

whostheJBoss schrieb:

--
Michael Offner-Streit
CTO

GregL

Jan 8, 2010, 8:27:00 AM1/8/10
to Railo
I use TLS with Railo email. I am also using Google as my mail server.
Works great. Here's my settings:

server: smtp.gmail.com
username: donot...@yourdomain.com
password: yourpassword