Upgrade from Community version.

Eric Cobb

Aug 24, 2009, 11:05:59 PM8/24/09
to ra...@googlegroups.com
What would be the best recommendation for upgrading the Community version (3.0.02 on Windows) to the latest and greatest version of Railo?  I saw mention on the Google Group about just downloading the jars and extracting them into the <railo_root>\lib directory.  Is that all that's needed or should I just do a fresh install?

Also, if I do have to do a fresh install, what about all of my individual Railo Webs?  Will they be OK or will I need to delete/recreate each of them as well?

--
Thanks,

Eric Cobb
http://www.cfgears.com

AJ Mercer

Aug 24, 2009, 11:21:46 PM8/24/09
to ra...@googlegroups.com
dropping in the JAR files worked for me.

I suggested this to someone else on this list, but they did not report back to the list on the success of this for them.

back up everything first!!

2009/8/25 Eric Cobb <rail...@ecartech.com>

--
AJ Mercer
Web Log: http://webonix.net

Gert Franz

Aug 25, 2009, 3:30:06 AM8/25/09
to ra...@googlegroups.com

That’s the way to go… Your web contexts will remain preserved… AND backup everything (just in case)

Gert