This post is intended to informally gather information on 3D mobile devices.
At the moment we see some interesting smartphone models on the market,
however any device capable of displaying 3D images can be useful
(radios, smartphones, ...). Of course glasses-free (auto-stereoscopic)
operation is preferable but not necessary.
Also, as a primary purpose of RadioVIS 3D is to enable 3D slide shows
to complement radio programmes, FM/DAB/IP/[...] receiving capabilities
Here are some 3D auto-stereoscopic mobile devices found on the market
that could be interesting for the RadioVIS 3D application.
- LG Optimus 3D (P920). This mobile has excellent glasses-free 3D
features (image quality, 3D integration). An SDK with some examples is
also available. An FM Radio app was not included, but it can be easily
found and installed (without rooting the phone...). Tested.
- HTC Evo 3D. Excellent glasses-free 3D features (image quality over
all). FM receiver is included and supported. The SDK with good code
samples is now available for the Android SDK Manager at the moment (it
requires registration). Tested.
- (to be launched in Europe soon): LG Optimus 3D Max (P720). E.g.,
check at http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/lg-optimus-3d-max-review-5000...
- (in Japan): Sharp 003SH and 005SH.
- other big companies (Nokia, Samsung and Motorola) are in the mobile
3D deal, but no phones released for European market yet, as far as I
Feel free to contribute any other information!