Server fails to start

Crooksey

Sep 5, 2010, 3:30:50 PM9/5/10
to Radiant CMS
Installed radiant with sqlite3, ran the setup, bootstrap went fine.

But when I go to start the server

$ script/server start

I get..

<internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in 'require': -- no such
file to load --
script/../config/boot (LoadError)
from <internal:lib/rubygems_custom_require<:29:in 'require'
from script/server:2:in '<main>'

Any ideas?

Jim Gay

Sep 6, 2010, 10:48:30 PM9/6/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com

I've never seen this.
You should only need to do "script/server" (no "start")

Which version of Radiant?

--
Jim Gay
Saturn Flyer LLC

Anton J Aylward

Sep 7, 2010, 9:54:29 AM9/7/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Crooksey said the following on 09/05/2010 03:30 PM:

Perhaps this error message is related

/home/antonaylward/SystemI/vendor/radiant/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb:119:Warning:
Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed
on or after August 2010. Use #requirement

I've had problems with variants of 'require' before.

--
"It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows".
-- Epictetus

Crooksey

Sep 9, 2010, 1:48:52 PM9/9/10
to Radiant CMS
script/server issues the same error.

Version 0.9.1

Haselwanter Edmund

Sep 9, 2010, 2:55:28 PM9/9/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
what does the

gem env

output lok like?

can you start irb and require something?

$ irb
>> require 'radiant'
=> true

--
DI Edmund Haselwanter, edm...@haselwanter.com, http://edmund.haselwanter.com/
http://www.iteh.at | http://facebook.com/iTeh.solutions | http://at.linkedin.com/in/haselwanteredmund

Steven Southard

Sep 9, 2010, 6:16:20 PM9/9/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a working 9.1 version of this extension?

Steven Southard

Sep 10, 2010, 1:39:41 AM9/10/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 9, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Steven Southard wrote:

> Does anyone have a working 9.1 version of this extension?

Who knows what it would take to update the 8.1 version? I was
noticing that someone had started another extension that seemed like
it did mostly the same thing. Is this a new start because there was
something difficult about continuing with textile_editor? It was nice
but I always wish in integrated with assets better. Maybe that was
the issue? Or is the new design causing the issues? I'm a fan of that
extension and I'd love to start using it with .91 sites.

Steven

john muhl

Sep 10, 2010, 1:54:07 AM9/10/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Steven Southard
<ste...@stevensouthard.com> wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Steven Southard wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a working 9.1 version of this extension?

i'm in the middle of upgrading a site from 0.8 to 0.9 and this is one
of the last few extensions holding me back. i hope it's nothing too
tricky. a couple of weeks ago i actually setup a site on 0.81 just
because t_e was incompatible with 0.9 and there was no time in the
budget to bother upgrading it.

> Who knows what it would take to update the 8.1 version?  I was noticing that
> someone had started another extension that seemed like it did mostly the
> same thing.  Is this a new start because there was something difficult about
> continuing with textile_editor?  It was nice but I always wish in integrated
> with assets better.  Maybe that was the issue? Or is the new design causing
> the issues?  I'm a fan of that extension and I'd love to start using it with
> .91 sites.

i think it's by far the best "editor for normal people" available for
radiant (even though it insist upon `em` and `strong` for
italic/oblique and bold). in my experience it works nicely with
page_attachments (at least in 0.8). what do you mean about not
integrating with assets?

William Ross

Sep 10, 2010, 3:07:00 AM9/10/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com

On 10 Sep 2010, at 06:39, Steven Southard wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Steven Southard wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a working 9.1 version of this extension?
>

> Who knows what it would take to update the 8.1 version? I was noticing that someone had started another extension that seemed like it did mostly the same thing. Is this a new start because there was something difficult about continuing with textile_editor? It was nice but I always wish in integrated with assets better.

I had a version here

http://github.com/spanner/radiant-textile_editor-extension

for 0.8.1 that would pop up the asset list and let you choose a size, but I never got round to adding inline uploads and it never really felt like a very satisfactory solution.

will

Crooksey

Sep 10, 2010, 7:30:06 AM9/10/10
to Radiant CMS
Why has the discussion been changed, what does this extension have
todo with my problem?

Steven Southard

Sep 10, 2010, 11:08:13 AM9/10/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com

I should have said paperclipped. I haven't used page_attachments in a
while but last time I did it worked well with this extension too. I
agree that this extension is very important for introducing textile to
people that are new to code. I wouldn't think it would hold me up
from using .9.1 but now trying get people to accept textile without
the extension is harder then I expected.

Steven Southard

Sep 10, 2010, 1:27:13 PM9/10/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
normal0px x 0px
icon0px x 0px
thumbnail0px x 0px
original0px x 0px

So in the image browser why doesn't the size of the image show up?  My images are located on amazon s3 does that effect this?

The filter doesn't seem to do anything.

Should the image I just uploaded appear on the first page of the gallery below?

john muhl

Sep 29, 2010, 11:38:45 AM9/29/10
to radia...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Steven Southard

<ste...@stevensouthard.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2010, at 12:54 AM, john muhl wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Steven Southard
>> <ste...@stevensouthard.com> wrote:

davec (David Cato) has done the dirty work[1]. i pulled in his
changes, made a couple of insignificant fixes and updated the image
and link popups to be vaguely 0.9ish[2]. everything seems to be
working as expected so far.

1: http://github.com/davec/radiant-textile_editor-extension/tree/0.9
2: http://github.com/johnmuhl/radiant-textile_editor-extension