Page Type - not installed

Jim Gay

Jul 7, 2008, 2:44:21 PM7/7/08
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
I'm running on edge in my development (with vendor/radiant) and I'm
seeing "My Page Type - not installed" on the page tree for any virtual
pages. What is this and why would Radiant tell me its not installed?

Sean Cribbs

Jul 7, 2008, 3:20:46 PM7/7/08
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

If you have created any pages in the database that do have a missing
class (i.e. uninstalled extension, etc), Page attempts to create
anonymous subclass so that the sitemap doesn't blow up. Not sure why it
says 'My Page Type', but the 'not installed' part indicates that the
class was missing.

Sean

Jim Gay

Jul 7, 2008, 3:25:43 PM7/7/08
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
"My Page Type" was just an example.

This appears for any page type that is virtual; Archived, for example.

Casper Fabricius

Jul 25, 2008, 5:53:07 AM7/25/08
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
I just encountered this behaviour as well. I've written a custom page
type (RedirectionPage < Page), and now it says "(Redirection - not
installed)" for one page and "(Redirection - not installed - not
installed)" for another page, and "(Redirection - not installed - not
installed - not installed)" for a third page with that same page type.

The page type works as it should, though. I have the
redirection_page.rb in a custom extension and I activate it in the
activate method of the extension by simply stating "RedirectionPage"
as the Archive extension does. I use Edge Radiant from git.

Any insights? Bug in Edge Radiant?

Cheers,
Casper