Your top 5 used extensions?

slindsey3000

Dec 13, 2010, 8:47:07 PM12/13/10
to Radiant CMS: Dev
I would love to hear a top 5 list from some of you more experienced
Radiant users!

Thanks!

Shawn

Benny Degezelle

Dec 14, 2010, 5:28:12 AM12/14/10
to Radiant CMS: Dev
well, it kinda depends on what you need per project ofcourse, but here
are some that I use on évery project:

- layouts (mostly for nested-layouts, but it also includes
shared_layouts ànd haml support)
- navigation_tags (for r:nav)
- paperclipped (asset handling)
- mailer (POST handling)
- reorder (must also check the drag-reorder that was recently
announced on the maillist)
- settings (makes Radiant::Config editable through the backend)
- trike_tags (mostly for r:site_area to add css hooks)
- wym_editor_filter (so that content stays clean html when updated by
clients, must get ckeditor more compatible with paperclipped and
others, cause wym development has stalled)

Joshua Danger French

Dec 14, 2010, 9:53:09 AM12/14/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 13, 2010, at 8:47 PM, slindsey3000 wrote:

> I would love to hear a top 5 list from some of you more experienced
> Radiant users!

I love the combination of Page Parts and Page Factory, although I wrote them so I'm totally biased.

Nested Layouts and File System Resources are great for DRYing up your markup and keeping it versioned, which is important when you've got multiple developers or a client who is making their own changes.

Our standard client install uses Reorder and Copy Move to manage large page trees.

I'm sure you're aware of the extension registry but for anyone who isn't, the best place to browse extensions is http://ext.radiantcms.org.

Joel Oliveira

Dec 14, 2010, 10:02:18 AM12/14/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
More than 5, but these are the absolute essentials for me.

file system resources
mailer
wym editor filter
paperclipped
settings
drag order
page parts & page factory (Mr. French - Some day all your drinks are on me because these have saved me tremendous time and energy.  Thank you.)

- Joel

Joshua Danger French

Dec 14, 2010, 10:06:40 AM12/14/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
> page parts & page factory (Mr. French - Some day all your drinks are on me because these have saved me tremendous time and energy. Thank you.)

Can I borrow your bulldog to meet girls?

Dirk Kelly

Dec 14, 2010, 10:31:24 AM12/14/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com, radiant...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't cut it down to 5

Layouts (haml, in my radiants?!?)
Page Factories (see below*)
Settings (tried and true)
Sheets (I run on edge for this :-)
Images (our own paperclipped)
Drag Order (vital, and now fun)

Oh...and if course shop :-p

*Page Factories is fricken' fantastic and will be taking over a lot of my Christmas holidays when I look at how I've written past extensions. If your an extension developer and not started considering using this in parts of your work...then start?

My thoughts,
:Dirk

qutic development

Dec 14, 2010, 11:29:06 AM12/14/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
my 5+:

ssl_requirement - in times of firesheep a must have ;-)
drag - only usable on the edge
settings
paperclipped
enkoder_tags
direct_link - should be in core ;-)

and a few more like:

i18n_slug - for german umlaut
mailer
exception notification
rbac_base

Steven Southard

Dec 15, 2010, 1:26:17 PM12/15/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
Top Five:
Paperclipped
Back Door
Location
Blog extensions (blog, blog tags, comments, tags)
Page Factory & Page Parts

Some others that I use on lots of websites:
Aggregation
Dashboard
Drag Order
Mailer