Dutch Open Live Scores?

KL

Jul 20, 2008, 5:41:47 AM7/20/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Is this anywhere on the net? I can't find it......

Kapo

Jul 20, 2008, 7:14:42 AM7/20/08
to The Racketlon Chat
World tour event!!! I can`t find any results anywhere...why?

Jul 20, 2008, 8:59:02 AM7/20/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Unfortunately the tournament site does not have direct internet access
so results reporting seems to take a while.

Racketlon.com has, however, been trying to get updates over the phone.
Unsuccessfully so-far. Will keep trying. Will be posted here if site
is reached (since Breaking News is down at the moment.)

Meanwhile here is a reprint of the Breaking News preview:

DUTCH OPEN - A CLOSER LOOK AT THE MEN'S ELITE DRAW

Racketlon.com has been given a preview of the draws for the Dutch Open
to be held outside Eindhoven this weekend. They should be available in
full on the tournament homepage (www.racket4s.com) within shortly.
Meanwhile, here are some quick comments.

The Men's Elite draw contains a good international mix of 24 players
from no less than 9 countries including Slovakia and France. Not
surprisingly, perhaps, given the fact that this year's World
Championships have been awarded to Germany the draw is, by the number,
dominated by Germany (8 players) followed by Belgium (4), England (3)
and home country Holland (also 3).

Racketlon.com will especially be watching two interesting comebacks in
the shapes of Germany's Elmar Schaub and England's John O'Donnell.
Both players have been remarkably invisible on the tour lately;
Schaub's latest tour event was the World Champs in Holland last
December and O'Donnell has not been seen since Austrian Open last
November.

Here are the expected quarterfinals according to the seedings (based
on the world rankings):

1) Alexander Köpf (GER WR4) - Volker Sach (GER WR16)
2) Gert Peersman (BEL WR22) - Elmar Schaub (GER WR8)
3) John O'Donnell (ENG WR9) - Petr Vesely (CZE WR11)
4) Andrew Kim (GER WR22) - Peter Duyck (BEL WR7)

However:
1) Watch the 15-year-old!

Born in 1993 Ken-Kristjan Toomjõe (Estonia) is, by a wide margin, the
youngest participant in the draw. And probably the one with the
highest rate of improvement, which makes him someone to start keeping
an eye on - given the fact that he, last year already, managed to beat
Toomas Vallikivi (Estonian Champion in 2006) in a local Estonian
tournament.

If Toomjõe survives the first round (Slovakia's Svek Jurai) he will
take on veteran Volker Sach in the second round, sporting an age
difference of about 31 years.

2) Berkemeier-Peersman?

Achim Berkemeier has been showing very good form lately; In the King
of Rackets tournament in Belgium last month he advanced all the way to
the semifinals and lined up an impressive series of victories in all
three rounds taking him there;
Berkemeier-Mika Hasmats (SWE) +6 (tt:15-21 ba:21-17 sq:16-21 te:21-8)
Berkemeier-Olli Zwiers (GER ) +29 (21-3, 21-5, 16-21, -)
Berkemeier-Petr Vesely (CZE) +5 (21-13, 21-16, 2-21, 21-10)
...and then in the semifinal:
Berkemeier-Peter Duyck (BEL) -16 (22-20, 14-21, 11-21, 6-7)

If Berkemeier manages to beat Dutch wild card Onno Quik in the first
round he will face Peersman.

4) Second try for the new French player!

French newcomer Sebastien Plançon played his first tour event in
Belgium last month and, given his results there, and also that he is
so new to the sport which could mean very quick improvements, he
could, in fact be a dark horse to win the whole tournament(!) In
Belgium he clearly defeated Belgian top player Fernandez-Diez +14 and
came quite close to shock the Racketlon world by pushing no one less
than big favourite Douglas Struthers until the very end starting with
a 5 point lead before tennis. Results from Belgium:
Plançon-Fernandez-Diez +14 (4-21, 21-4, 21-11, 12-8)
Plançon-Struthers -6 (14-21, 21-17, 21-13, 10-21)

Winning the squash 21-13 against Struthers speaks loudly about his
squash abilities, which is confirmed by his French ranking (~150).
However, according to reports, his best sport is probably badminton
(French ranking: ~40), so Struthers might, in fact, have got away a
bit lucky in that sport. It has not happened often that Struthers has
played a tight game against someone after having won the table tennis
which is still considered his clear weakness.

Plançon will be facing Ray Jordan in the first round and if he
survives that obstacle of size he will take on Kim in the second
round.

/H

Kapo

Jul 20, 2008, 10:05:36 AM7/20/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Thanks for info Hans.

Filzcoach

Jul 20, 2008, 3:12:02 PM7/20/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi! Here a short overview:

Elite: 1. Schaub (won by GUMMIARM in a great Match:
21:13/11:21/10:21/22:8) 2. O Donnel 3. Köpf 4. Duyck 5. Plancon 6.
Berkemeier 7. Vesely 8. Sach

Double: 1. Köpf/Schaub - Plancon/Berkemeier 21:19/15:21/21:19/16:21
(+3)

Mixed: 1. Karkasova/Vesely

Women Elite: 1. Karkasova

Men B: Tom Branke

Achim ;-)

Jul 20, 2008, 3:56:36 PM7/20/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Thanks for the update, Filzcoach!

...a full Racketlon.com report is scheduled to emerge within the next
couple of days. Full results should be on-line on the tournament
homepage ( www.racket4s.com ) within shortly.

JOD

Jul 21, 2008, 6:03:31 AM7/21/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Yes nice tournament, everything ran very well, unless you played in 3
events, this meant waiting for one or more person's too play they
singles event, ,needed more doubles play on the Friday.
Maybe i was a little lucky against Peter Dyuck, but i got 14 points
in tennis , so maybe deserves the win, the final was strange as i have
never been ahead after 2 events against Elmar this time 2 a haead,
just safe squash to need few points in tennis but Elmar played a good
squash match to reach 10, i then played good tennis to be 5-5, needing
4 more points again, gummiarm and the rest is history, pleased to
reach the final, but needed a couple more pointers at tennis to be
playing a solid racketlon match,England have a good future in J
manners 2 solid sports with ok sq and learning tt to come i'm sure,
unlucky in the Q-finals against A Koepf, leading 11-6 at tennis , but
Alex , played a solid 2nd half of the match to take the win, Also Seb
Plancon is without doubt a name for the future with 3 solid sports
maybe Peter was the only person in the tournament with a profile to
beat him , i know i wasnt looking forward to playing him, so thanks
Peter for sorting him out,i think there where as far as i no 4 matches
decided by 1 point,again very well done Elmar and also the Dutch
racketlon team, see you all in London

On Jul 20, 9:56 pm, H <hans.mulla...@racketlon.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update, Filzcoach!
>
> ...a full Racketlon.com report is scheduled to emerge within the next
> couple of days. Full results should be on-line on the tournament
> homepage (www.racket4s.com) within shortly.
>
> On Jul 20, 9:12 pm, Filzcoach <ABerkeme...@web.de> wrote:
>

> > Hi! Here a short overview:
>
> > Elite: 1. Schaub (won by GUMMIARM in a great Match:
> > 21:13/11:21/10:21/22:8) 2. O Donnel  3. Köpf  4. Duyck  5. Plancon  6.
> > Berkemeier 7. Vesely  8. Sach
>
> > Double: 1. Köpf/Schaub  - Plancon/Berkemeier 21:19/15:21/21:19/16:21
> > (+3)
>
> > Mixed: 1. Karkasova/Vesely
>
> > Women Elite: 1. Karkasova
>
> > Men B: Tom Branke
>
> > Achim ;-)- Hide quoted text -

Jul 21, 2008, 9:40:04 AM7/21/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Congratulations on the silver, JOD! Although, this time the gold was
closer than ever I suppose...

Could you, perhaps, give us the details about the Gummiarm, please?
Who won the toss? What did he choose? What happened then? Always
interesting stuff!

JOD

Jul 22, 2008, 7:56:05 AM7/22/08
to The Racketlon Chat
I won the toss gave the serve away and for Elmar played a good 2nd
serve , following into the net where i decieded enough was enough and
slice into Belguim.
From now on its the the thing to do once you have won the serve
choice, come into the net and let me or anyone else who has tennis as
they last sport hit a terrible shot out, but yes i think serving and
coming too the net is the answer, i did this in the semi final but on
my 2nd shot after servering and peter then hit his shot into the
doubles line..
I thought after leading after the 2nd sport it was also my day, but
Elmar had other ideas,but after not playing a tournament for 8-9
months my aim was to reach semi and anything else was a bonus, but
having i think 3 match points or 4 if you count ther gummiarm, a
little dissapointing...!!!

Jul 22, 2008, 9:47:51 AM7/22/08
to The Racketlon Chat
Thanks. Good story.
So, are you saying that you had a gummiarm in the semifinal against
Duyck as well???

The results on http://www.toernooi.nl/sport/draw.aspx?id=23129&draw=1
say:
O'Donnell-Duyck 10-21 22-24 21-4
- which seems to imply that you were in the lead by just 4 points
before tennis... Doesn't look right... What were the scores really?
Based on what I have read here and on Breaking News my guess is:
O'Donnell-Duyck +1 (tt:10-21 ba:24-22 sq:21-4 te:13-21 G:1-0)

Is that right? (Very impressive to win 14 tennis points against Duyck
by the way! Judging from many other scores - such as 10-1 against
Marcel in Rotterdam and 21-8 against Plançon now - his tennis seems
rather good at the moment.)

JOD

Jul 23, 2008, 7:27:33 AM7/23/08
to The Racketlon Chat
The result is correct as far as i remember, Peter as a tt and tennis
player is one of that 2 sports combine one of the best if he is in the
zone, i lead 8-7 at tt, and only got a edge and a serve that went off
my side to win any more points, but tennis i was with him till 7-7,
he got a lead after that for a halfway lead of 11-7.
The only 2major points in Holland, where the badminton either you
played on a good surface and bad lighting one end or the dreaded
carpet with good lighting, 2nd point was how much it cost a number of
entries if you played all 3 events 1 singles and 2 douubles 110 euro's
or if you where from Estonia and had two very competitve sons playing,
3 events each, 200 euro's, i think the more events you play the cheap
it should becomes, i know of overheads but where do we draw the line
on how much entries have to pay?