rackup -D silently terminates

Daniel Guettler

Feb 22, 2010, 10:51:15 PM2/22/10
to Rack Development
Hi,

I tried to get an answer to this question on the IRC channel without
much success so here it is again:

Has anybody an idea why rackup -D silently terminates instead of
creating a daemon process?
rackup -D -d however successfully creates a daemon process looking
through the code I ended up with the line of code: pp app (line 138)
which made all the difference if the daemon process is created or not
same effect can be archived by calling: app.inspect

Does anybody has some insight on this?
Environment:
- ruby 1.9.1-p378
- rack 1.1.0
- OS X, Linux

Sample application:
class TestApp
def call(env)
[200, { 'Content-Type' => 'text/html' }, ['OK']]
end
end

run TestApp.new

Thanks, Daniel

hrvoje

Feb 23, 2010, 6:31:58 PM2/23/10
to Rack Development
I have same issue in ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i686-
linux]