rack 1.0.0 gem depends on non-existent gem ruby-openid-2.0.0

Thomas O'Dell

May 14, 2009, 8:40:54 PM5/14/09
to rack-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie installing radiant, which depends on rack. I downloaded rack
1.0.0 gem.

The rack 1.0.0 gem depends on ruby-openid 2.0.0 (not >= 2.0.0). The current
version of ruby-openid is 2.1.6.

If I try "gem install ruby-openid --version 2.0.0" I get "ERROR: could not
find gem ruby-openid locally or in a repository"

Please fix this defect ASAP as there are a large number of newbie radiant
users.

Regards,

Thomas O'Dell

Michael Fellinger

May 14, 2009, 9:00:37 PM5/14/09
to rack-...@googlegroups.com

Please upgrade rubygems and try again, 1.3.x has been out for many moons now.

--
^ manveru

manjularaj

Jul 2, 2009, 1:54:29 AM7/2/09
to Rack Development
Hi,

I've the same above problem. I'm trying to install gem ruby-openid -v
2.0.0, but it is giving error message as
ERROR: could not find gem ruby-openid locally or in a repository

I've updated my gem also, but also it is not taking this version.
Without version it installs 2.1.7. But this version is suporting to
work with Sinatra

If anybody have the solution please suggest.

Thanks,
Manjularaj

Kenneth Kalmer

Jul 2, 2009, 6:28:31 AM7/2/09
to rack-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manjularaj

I just peeked at the gemspec for rack-1.0.0 and ruby-openid is only a development dependency. I don't have that installed by me and never had issues installing rack from rubyforge.

Can you make sure your rubygems is up to date? As Micheal pointed out you'll need at least 1.3.1 for rack to install. AFAIK the same holds true if you want to install Rails 2.3.2 and probably a lot of other gems as well.

Check your rubygems version by running this:

$ gem -v
1.3.1

Best
--
Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth...@gmail.com

clarus

Aug 1, 2009, 8:15:45 PM8/1/09
to Rack Development
First, try to download ruby-openid gem by hand in your local
directory : http://openidenabled.com/files/ruby-openid/packages/ruby-openid-2.0.0.gem
Then try gem ruby-openid -v 2.0.0 again.