mod_rack hex-unescapes PATH_INFO

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Dec 21, 2009, 5:55:31 PM12/21/09
to rack-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm tryining Rack under Apache2 mod_rack module (Phusion Passenger).

I've realized that Apache2 automatically unescapes hexadecimal symbols in the
request URI so they arrive escaped to the Rack application.

Most probably this is an appropriate behavior but it breaks my Rack
application as I validate the path info specting just ASCII symbols and not
UTF-8 multibyte symbols. And after my validation process I unescape the path
info by my self.

So, is there any way to force Apache2 not to unescape the request uri / path
info?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <i...@aliax.net>