[SEC][ANN] Rack 1.4.0, a modular Ruby webserver interface

James Tucker

Dec 27, 2011, 9:57:00 PM12/27/11
to rack...@googlegroups.com, rack-...@googlegroups.com, ruby-tal...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Today we are proud to announce the release of Rack 1.4.0.

= Rack, a modular Ruby webserver interface

Rack provides a minimal, modular and adaptable interface for developing web applications in Ruby.  By wrapping HTTP requests and responses in the simplest way possible, it unifies and distills the API for web servers, web frameworks, and software in between (the so-called middleware) into a single method call.
The exact details of this are described in the Rack specification, which all Rack applications should conform to.

== Changes

* December 28th, 2011: Twenty fourth public release 1.4.0
  * Ruby 1.8.6 support has officially been dropped. Not all tests pass.
  * Raise sane error messages for broken config.ru
  * Allow combining run and map in a config.ru
  * Rack::ContentType will not set Content-Type for responses without a body
  * Status code 205 does not send a response body
  * Rack::Response::Helpers will not rely on instance variables
  * Rack::Utils.build_query no longer outputs '=' for nil query values
  * Various mime types added
  * Rack::MockRequest now supports HEAD
  * Rack::Directory now supports files that contain RFC3986 reserved chars
  * Rack::File now only supports GET and HEAD requests
  * Rack::Server#start now passes the block to Rack::Handler::<h>#run
  * Rack::Static now supports an index option
  * Added the Teapot status code
  * rackup now defaults to Thin instead of Mongrel (if installed)
  * Support added for HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SCHEME
  * Numerous bug fixes, including many fixes for new and alternate rubies

== Where can I get it?

You can download Rack at
        http://chneukirchen.org/releases/rack-1.4.0.tar.gz   (upload pending at time of writing)
                  http://rubyforge.org/projects/rack

Alternatively, you can checkout from the development repository with:
    cd rack && git checkout rack-1.4   # for this release

Happy hacking and have a nice day,

James Tucker
on behalf of the Rack Core Team.

0fec4d01e20b1ad13fd7809d0083292a71d3ec84  rack-1.4.0.tar.gz
965d20948ad2f21f4338468aa0ea62808554d630  rack-1.4.0.gem

Intransition

Dec 28, 2011, 10:25:14 AM12/28/11
to ruby-talk ML, ruby-tal...@googlegroups.com, rack...@googlegroups.com, rack-...@googlegroups.com
"Rack::Static now supports an index option"

Ah man! And I had just spent an afternoon manually making sure my little static site server handled index files!

Well, at least now I can re-simplify my script :)

Thanks for Rack.

Nicolás Sanguinetti

Dec 28, 2011, 11:52:25 AM12/28/11
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM, James Tucker <jftu...@gmail.com> wrote: