[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem building rabbitmq on FreeBSD

Matthew Barry

May 30, 2011, 10:17:46 PM5/30/11
to rabbitmq...@lists.rabbitmq.com

I am trying to build version 2.4.1 on Freebsd. I get the following error

erlc -I include -o ebin -Wall -v +debug_info -Duse_specs -pa ebin src/rabbit_networking.erl

src/rabbit_networking.erl:49: type hostname() undefined

src/rabbit_networking.erl:71: type ip_port() undefined

gmake: *** [ebin/rabbit_networking.beam] Error 1

template10# gmake

erlc -I include -o ebin -Wall -v +debug_info -Duse_specs -pa ebin src/rabbit_networking.erl

src/rabbit_networking.erl:49: type hostname() undefined

src/rabbit_networking.erl:71: type ip_port() undefined

gmake: *** [ebin/rabbit_networking.beam] Error 1

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Matthew

This e-mail is confidential and may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any other person.

Marcos Ortiz

May 30, 2011, 11:43:47 PM5/30/11
to Matthew Barry, rabbitmq...@lists.rabbitmq.com
Which version of Erlang did you use?

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
 Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)

Matthew Barry

May 31, 2011, 12:12:08 AM5/31/11
to Marcos Ortiz, rabbitmq...@lists.rabbitmq.com

The source is otp_src_R14B03.tar.gz

Matthew

Matthew Sackman

May 31, 2011, 4:13:02 AM5/31/11
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 06:12:08AM +0200, Matthew Barry wrote:
> The source is otp_src_R14B03.tar.gz

As I wrote to the list the day R14B03 came out, 2.4.1 will not build
with R14B03. Either build the latest from our hg repos, or make sure you
set USE_SPECS to false - something like "make USE_SPECS=false" should do
the trick.

Matthew