Quod Libet 2.2.99 Beta

Christoph Reiter

Mar 13, 2011, 2:31:05 PM3/13/11
to Quod Libet Development
Hi,

I'm please to announce Quod Libet / Ex Falso 2.2.99. In case there are
no severe bugs, 2.3 will be released in about 1 - 2 weeks. Thanks to
everyone filing enhancement requests, bug reports, sending patches and
updating translations.

I'll update the repositories and the Windows installer tomorrow. In
case you update from 2.2.1 on Windows please make sure that the old
version is uninstalled first.

A note to packagers: There is a new build dependency gtk-update-icon-
cache (libgtk2.0-bin in debian), Python >= 2.5, GTK+ >= 2.12.

Besides the list of changes (in which I hopefully didn't forget anyone/
anything), there is also a small release notes page [1] showing some
new features.

[1] http://goo.gl/r1zPw

2.2.99 (2011-03-13) - I can imagine that one day there could be a
person
who would read that
* Quod Libet now needs Python >=2.5
* Drag and drop in paned browser
* Speed up adding many songs to the queue
* Smaller volume, seek controls
* Ask for playlist name on creation
* Output playing progess when using --status
* Use current icon theme icons everywhere (for DAPs etc.)
* Floating point custom tags
* Audio streaming fixes (buffering etc.) (Andreas Bombe)
* Treeview hints in paned browser
* Cover art now only uses the available space
* Support embedded covers art in WMA/Vorbis files
* Set composer, albumartist, sort tags when copying to an iPod
* Natural sorting in the song list
* Many song list speedups (sorting, filling, scrolling)
* Split up pattern results in paned browser with multi-value tags
* Only consider a song played after half has elapsed
* Undo/Redo support for all text entries
* New framework for showing running tasks, notifications in the
status bar
* Text markup in the paned browser
* Restore maximized state
* Restore window position (Felix Krull)
* Make size of the queue adjustable (Florian Demmer)
* Mouse scrolling over the play button now changes songs
* Support alternate home directory using $QUODLIBET_USERDIR
(jkohen)
* Make the default rating changeable (library reload needed)
* Drag and scroll in the song list
* Faster context menu opening
* Display playlist size (library reload needed)
* Support queries without specifying a tag name
* All queries in the album browser use a standard operation (avg,
sum etc.)
* Support ~rating, ~#bitrate in the album pattern
* Support separate song collection patterns in the paned browser
* Don't jump to a playing song if it was selected from the
songlist
* Faster local cover search
* Support FreeDesktop trash spec
* Various bug fixes, speed improvements (Jacob Lee, Johannes
Rohrer,
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe)
* Bug fixes:
* Treeview hints now work with GTK+ >= 2.20
* Search history now gets properly shared between browsers
* Fix udev crashes
* Paned browser leaks
* Respect global filter in all browsers/filters
* Don't loose tag values with different cased tag names
(APEv2)
* Fix --set-browser (Carlo Teubner)
* Properly handle the case where a playing song gets deleted
* Fix redraw errors using compiz
* FSync on library save
* Fix crash when ~/.gtk-bookmarks contains empty lines (Felix
Krull)
* Correctly identify rockboxed iPods
* Windows (Uninstall any previously installed version!):
* Fix translation under Win 7
* Fix cover art plugin saving
* Add all partitions to the file selector
* Fix various crashes with wide char user names
* Fix icon under Win 7
* Support multi-user installations
* Fix freezes after opening certain folders
* New plugins:
* Follow cursor play order plugin
* Equalizer plugin
* MPRIS 1.0/2.0 plugin
* Ubuntu sound menu plugin
* Rating reset plugin
* Track repeat plugin
* Plugins:
* Go to bookmark plugin now menu based
* Fix some album art plugin backends (Aymeric Mansoux, ..)
* Improved "human" title casing
* Fix queue only plugin stopping the current song.
* Only use allowed HTML in the notify plugin.
* musicbrainz: allow writing sort tags (Michaël Ball)
* Translations:
* new Latvian translation (Einars Sprugis)
* new Basque translation (Piarres Beobide)
* Frensh translation updates (Nick Boultbee)
* Brazilian/Portuguese translation updates (Djavan Fagundes)
* Russian translation updates (Anton Shestakov)

Danai SAE-HAN

Mar 14, 2011, 4:28:09 PM3/14/11
to Quod Libet Development
Thank you all for taking care of another release of my favourite music
player!

BR

--
Danai

Peter

Mar 14, 2011, 7:07:32 PM3/14/11
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting really excited! This is a great changelog!

I hope, I can join you on the release after that.

Rene Maurer

Mar 15, 2011, 2:58:20 AM3/15/11
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com

This will be another great release of QuodLibet for sure.
Thank you all!
René

Michaël

Mar 15, 2011, 6:08:05 AM3/15/11
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to add my voice to those who say thanks for this release. Quod Libet is a great piece of software: thanks to the release team for continuing to improve my favourite audio player.