Project update help needed

Zach Beane

Mar 6, 2011, 9:39:44 AM3/6/11
to quic...@googlegroups.com
SBCL MOP internals have recently been rearranged, and as a result, two
projects have been broken, Elephant and CLSQL. . Does anyone have time
to help track down the compilation failures (they're easy to induce,
just quickload either one of them), formulate a fix, and followup with
the project maintainers?

I'd like to do it, but I'm trying to hack Quicklisp stuff without
getting sidetracked...

Zach

Phil Rand

Mar 7, 2011, 6:07:24 PM3/7/11
to quic...@googlegroups.com
Zach,

Finding a fix is probably beyond my current abilities, but just for grins, I tried (ql:quickload "clsql") and (ql:quickload "ele-clsql") using SBCL 1.0.46, and they each appeared to load just fine.  With which SBCL version did this problem appear?

Phil

Zach Beane

Mar 7, 2011, 6:45:58 PM3/7/11
to quic...@googlegroups.com
Phil Rand <phil...@gmail.com> writes:

> Zach,
>
> Finding a fix is probably beyond my current abilities, but just for grins, I
> tried (ql:quickload "clsql") and (ql:quickload "ele-clsql") using SBCL 1.0.46,
> and they each appeared to load just fine.  With which SBCL version did this
> problem appear?

Sorry, I should have specified I'm using the latest version of SBCL from
CVS, 1.0.46.21.

Zach

Zach Beane

Mar 8, 2011, 9:17:44 AM3/8/11
to quic...@googlegroups.com, esl...@alum.mit.edu, ke...@b9.com
Zach Beane <xa...@xach.com> writes:

Here's a transcript of the failure for clsql:

http://xach.com/tmp/ql/fail_clsql_clsql_clsql.txt

And for elephant:

http://xach.com/tmp/ql/fail_elephant_elephant_elephant.txt

Zach