Hunchentoot 1.2 — hints

Mihai Călin Bazon

Nov 8, 2011, 4:28:08 AM11/8/11
to quic...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know this is offtopic, but since @quicklisp asked on twitter about what broke I thought I could post what I found here:

1. no more :request-dispatcher initarg to acceptor.  To provide a request dispatch function you would now define method hunchentoot:acceptor-dispatch-request for your acceptor class.

2. no more log-message, for some reason.  For now I'm using log-message* with the same arguments.

3. some variables that I used to set/bind no longer exist:

- hunchentoot:*handle-http-errors-p*
- hunchentoot:*access-log-pathname*
- hunchentoot:*message-log-pathname*

Instead of binding dynamic variables for the log file path, you can now pass them as initargs to the acceptor (:access-log-destination and :message-log-destination), which is definitely cleaner.

Probably there are more API changes but I only needed to change the above to get my stuff working.

Cheers,
--
Mihai Bazon,
http://mihai.bazon.net/blog