Fat Bike Races

robwestendorf

Jan 9, 2022, 3:12:27 PM1/9/22
to Queen City Wheels
Coming soon... QCW will be running a couple of Fat Bike races at the Lebanon Bike Park! We're targeting the weekends of January 29-30 and February 19-20. (Whether it takes place on Saturday or Sunday will be dependent on the weather at the time. We're planning for Saturday if possible.) These are FREE! (But you must be a QCW member so we're insured, just like the way we handle the Cleves time trial.) If you don't have a fat bike, ANY bike (MTB, CX, gravel) is acceptable, and the race categories will be set up by tire size. These are low-key fun events, and the only prizes are podium pictures. Pre-registration will not be required. Stay tuned for more details!

robwestendorf

Jan 16, 2022, 11:12:07 AM1/16/22
to Queen City Wheels
Fat bike race details...
Fat Bike Race Flyer.pdf

robwestendorf

Feb 12, 2022, 8:49:02 AM2/12/22
to Queen City Wheels
One week out from our second race for this season! The current long term forecast (FWIW) is dry with a temperature somewhere around freezing. We didn't have anybody on a cross bike for the first race, but if you want pure speed I think a CX bike will be the fastest for the conditions. It will be the same course as before, but run in the opposite direction. Oh, and we need volunteers again.

robwestendorf

Feb 17, 2022, 5:42:10 PM2/17/22
to Queen City Wheels
Saturday's race is officially postponed until Sunday, and even then, check back here on Saturday afternoon to confirm it's going ahead at all. Today's rain was truly apocolyptic, and the park will not recover in just a day and a half. I'll check the park again Saturday, but Sunday is supposed to be well above freezing, and the park may still be a morass. If we can't go on Sunday it will be totally cancelled for this year.

robwestendorf

Feb 19, 2022, 11:33:50 AM2/19/22
to Queen City Wheels
The race is CANCELLED. The course is too wet to ride without damaging the trail. In addition, if it stays frozen there's too much ice to ride safely without studded tires. See you next year!