Displaying images in fullscreen

Jesús García Crespo

Dec 23, 2009, 1:04:27 AM12/23/09
to qubit-dev
Hi all,

Yesterday, layout_fullscreen was removed. When a digital object is an image, we used this layout to show the image in fullscreen. Probably, a CSS popup offers better interface experience. There are many JavaScript libraries for this purpose and choose one looks not easy [1].

I think that we don't need many special features but there is one which is really useful, to handle oversized images in popus, or images will be scaled. It seems that Shadowbox.js [2] resolves this (see "Large Image" section in the main page) and it is jQuery compatible, but I am not sure if the license is compatible with our distribution [3].

What do you think?

Peter Van Garderen

Dec 23, 2009, 12:40:07 PM12/23/09
to qubi...@googlegroups.com
Shadowbox looks real good but unfortunately its custom license excludes us,
pretty explicitely, from bundling it another project:

"Under neither license is the licensee permitted to redistribute the source
code, images, or documentation contained in this project. All redistribution
rights remain with the copyright holder unless specific prior written permission
is obtained."

So that pretty much rules it out.

Layout_fullscreen was removed by mistake. Could we put it back until we find an
appropriate 'Lightbox' plugin (which I do prefer over the existing
Layout_fullscreen)

--peter

Peter Van Garderen
President/Senior Consultant