Quartz inicialization from web.config

Miquel Frances

Aug 27, 2008, 9:52:04 AM8/27/08
to Quartz.NET
Hi,

I'm trying to get my schedule jobs from a .xml file, i added the key
into web config:

<section name="quartz"
type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System,
Version=1.0.5000.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" /

<quartz>
<add key="quartz.scheduler.instanceName" value="EDIScheduler" />
<add key="quartz.threadPool.type"
value="Quartz.Simpl.SimpleThreadPool, Quartz" />
<add key="quartz.threadPool.threadCount" value="10" />
<add key="quartz.threadPool.threadPriority" value="2" />
<add key="quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold" value="60000" />
<add key="quartz.jobStore.type" value="Quartz.Simpl.RAMJobStore,
Quartz" />
<add key="quartz.plugin.xml.type"
value="Quartz.Plugin.Xml.JobInitializationPlugin, Quartz" />
<add key="quartz.plugin.xml.fileNames" value="quartz_jobs.xml" /

</quartz>

But when i execute the initialization

ISchedulerFactory schedFact = new StdSchedulerFactory();
IScheduler sched = schedFact.GetScheduler();

In my schedFact i do not receive any of the values setted from my web
config file, it seems very strange, can anybody help me please, I'm
using .NET 3.5.

Thanks in advance

Marko Lahma

Sep 1, 2008, 2:48:47 AM9/1/08
to Quartz.NET
Hi,

Seems quite right to me except that you might want to use file name "~/
quartz_jobs.xml" as it translates correctly to your web-app root.

-Marko

Miquel Frances

Sep 4, 2008, 7:39:01 AM9/4/08
to Quartz.NET
Hi Marko,

for me seems good, but there is something i could not understand, i do
not have in anyplace my instance name
<add key="quartz.scheduler.instanceName" value="EDIScheduler" />

I comment the plugin xml (to aviod problems) but the instance name
doesn't appear, and all the scheduler is working on default instance
name...

thanks in advance