Don't put QBzr in the title bar of a window

Nicholas Allen

Aug 17, 2008, 5:36:21 PM8/17/08
to qb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't think this is necessary and is just distracting information. If
QBzr is used inside Tortoise or my Eclipse plugi-in then this makes it
not feel as integrated with either of them. I would prefer just "Commit
- branch_nick" as the commit dialog title.

Nick

Lukáš Lalinský

Aug 24, 2008, 7:25:32 AM8/24/08
to qb...@googlegroups.com
Dňa Ne, 2008-08-17 o 23:36 +0200, Nicholas Allen napísal:

Anyone disagree with this? If not, I'll change it next week.

Lukas

Mark Hammond

Aug 25, 2008, 9:33:51 AM8/25/08
to qb...@googlegroups.com

I don't disagree, but I wonder if a better approach might be to support the concept of "global" (to qbzr) options, such as --title etc (maybe --qtitle?). This might lead to things feeling more integrated rather than more generic.

Just-a-thought ly,

Mark

Alexander Belchenko

Aug 26, 2008, 6:57:20 AM8/26/08
to qb...@googlegroups.com
Lukáš Lalinský пишет:

I don't have strong arguments against this change, but I think that sometimes
it is useful. On Windows almost all programs put their name in the title
bar of their main windows. But for program's dialogs it's not needed of course.
So usefulness of "QBzr" in the title depends on the usage context.
At least in the title we show bzr ico, so it could be used as program name.

I don't have any real proposal now, so I'm mostly agree with proposed change.

Lukáš Lalinský

Aug 26, 2008, 7:38:26 AM8/26/08
to qb...@googlegroups.com
Dňa Ut, 2008-08-26 o 13:57 +0300, Alexander Belchenko napísal:

Well, initially I had "Bazaar" in window titles, but I thought it was
too bold to pretent it's "the Bazaar GUI", so I changed it to QBzr. I
agree with Nicholas that "QBzr" in the title doesn't add any important
information. Just "Commit" with the Bazaar icons is also probably closer
to my initial idea of using "Bazaar" in the title.

Lukas