qb needs a logo

Tim Weber

Apr 18, 2008, 10:50:13 AM4/18/08
to qb-u...@lists.scytale.name
Hi everybody!

Since the number of qb users has doubled in the last few weeks and
there are currently some interesting things going on behind the scenes
that may lead to an even larger popularity, we need to look a little
bit more polished. My part will consist of even more documentation
improvements and a better, Wordpress-based web site for qb, code
restructuring and somewhere in between finally a 0.3 release, perhaps
containing a few more features.

But there is one thing I'm not quite good at: graphic design.
Therefore I would like you, the users, to talk to the Inkscapers, GIMP
and Adobe fellows you know, if maybe they could create a nice logo for
qb. Or maybe you are creative yourself? Please send me your
suggestions, see https://scytale.name/contact/ for ways to contact me.

I am however quite pedantic when it comes to clean, reusable data.
Therefore I should say in advance that suggestions should be available
in a format that allows somehow reasonable resizing. That means either
a vector file or, if you need to use pixel graphics, something as
large as 50x50cm, 600dpi. (note that you don't need to send me a 50MB
PSD file, a scaled down version is enough for a first impression, but
have a high quality original _available_. :)

Concerning the actual _contents_ of the file: I don't really have an
idea what the logo should look like or what it should depict, you are
free to suggest anything you want, and I'm open to crazy ideas as
well. Maybe it could have something to do with cubes or modularity or
lightweightedness, but feel free to come up with any other
associations you might have.

I guess I'll collect the suggestions and then let the people on this
list decide what's going to be it. That is, if there is at least one
suggestion to choose from! ;) Thanks in advance, and let's see what
happens...

Oh, and I was kidding about the Wordpress site. Of course!

Regards,

Tim.