Restrict pythoscope

Kent Tenney

Sep 22, 2008, 8:37:56 PM9/22/08
to pythoscope
Howdy,

When I run pythoscope from the top of my code sandbox tree, it crashes
when it tries to load .pythoscope/project.pickle, evidently due to pathology
in a file somewhere below.

Is there a way to restrict the scope of pythoscope's scan?

Thanks,
Kent

Michał Kwiatkowski

Sep 22, 2008, 11:55:47 PM9/22/08
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Kent Tenney <kte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I run pythoscope from the top of my code sandbox tree, it crashes
> when it tries to load .pythoscope/project.pickle, evidently due to pathology
> in a file somewhere below.

Just for the reference, this is related to the bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/pythoscope/+bug/271904 .

> Is there a way to restrict the scope of pythoscope's scan?

No, not really. Static analysis should *never ever* fail, so I'd
really like to fix this. I still have hard time trying to reproduce
this bug. Could you narrow down the directory/file which presence
causes Pythoscope to raise an exception? Or, if that's fine with you,
send me the whole source tree and I'll try to narrow the problem down
myself. Thanks!

Cheers,
mk