June Meetup on the 12th @ 7pm

Diarmuid Bourke

Jun 6, 2013, 5:45:02 AM6/6/13
to Python Ireland
Hi all,

I'd like to introduce this months talk at the Science Gallery. If we have time after the talk, we will have some lightning talks. If anybody has any short topics they want to present, let me know, or just show up on the day.

We will be having a pub meetup afterwards in O'Neills on Pearse st (across the road from Science Gallery).

As we only have the venue until 8pm, I'd like to ask that people show up early.

Title: Python and Async I/O

Speaker: Mark McLoughlin
Level: Intermediate
Length: 30 minutes
Abstract: For many programs, it's important to have some strategy for doing I/O in an async manner. This talk will attempt to provide a quick overview of the basic principles of the topic, some examples of existing support in Python frameworks and an introduction to recent work by Guido to bring async I/O support into Python core.

Thanks to Intercom.io for sponsoring the meetup.com page and to Science Gallery for hosting the meetup.

--
Diarmuid Bourke / diarmui...@gmail.com
ZenDoc / CTO dbo...@getzendoc.com

Diarmuid Bourke

Jun 10, 2013, 5:31:37 AM6/10/13
to Python Ireland
Hi all,

Just a reminder about this Wednesdays meetup in the Science Gallery. The talk starts at 7pm, so try to arrive early. Thanks!

See you all there!

vfxGer

Jun 13, 2013, 5:27:23 AM6/13/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Good talk by Mark yesterday.
Does anyone know what is the Advanced Networking book he mentioned near the start?
Also where is the best place to post these kind of questions, here, meetup.com, linkedIn or somewhere else?
Thanks,
Gerard.

Vicky Lee - Python Ireland

Jun 13, 2013, 5:50:25 AM6/13/13
to pythonie
Thanks for coming to the talks last night.

I wasn't at the meetup, but we will have to start recording these talks again at some stage.

This mailing list would be the best to post these kind of questions. I'll drop a message at meetup that we have a pythonie mailing list as well.

Cheers,

/// Vicky (PyCon Ireland co-Chair)

Pádraig Brady

Jun 13, 2013, 5:54:54 AM6/13/13
to python...@googlegroups.com, vfxGer
On 06/13/2013 10:27 AM, vfxGer wrote:
> Hi,
> Good talk by Mark yesterday.
> Does anyone know what is the Advanced Networking book he mentioned near the start?
> Also where is the best place to post these kind of questions, here, meetup.com, linkedIn or somewhere else?
> Thanks,
> Gerard.

http://www.kohala.com/start/unpv12e.html

Brian Ward