May 8th Meetup

Diarmuid Bourke

May 2, 2013, 6:34:22 AM5/2/13
to Python Ireland
Hi All,

I'd like to announce our May meetup.

You can let us know you're coming on our meetup.com page. http://www.meetup.com/pythonireland/events/115399142/
Thank you to Intercom.io for sponsoring it!

Date: Wed May 8th, 6:15 (Talk starts at 6:30 sharp)
Location: Science Gallery ,Pearse St, Dublin 2

-----------
*Talks*
-----------
Title: Building web applications with Flask

Speaker: Mick Twomey

Flask is a popular web microframework for python, check it out at http://flask.pocoo.org/

I'll give a really quick introduction to what Flask is and how it works. I'll demo a small application and use it to show some tips and tricks for getting the most out of Flask.

A rough outline of what I'll be talking about:

1. Introduction to Flask
2. How Flask works, in particular its notion of context
3. A Hello World application
4. Testing Flask applications
5. Templates and data
6. Flask blueprints
7. Flask signals
8. Flask extensions

----------
Title: Using Colander for data deserialization and validation.

Speaker: Diarmuid Bourke

This will be a quick presentation on an elegant library you can use in your webapps and APIs to help validate POST data. I'll be covering a basic example of its usage in an REST based API within the Pyramid framework.

-----------------
Venue thanks to The Science Gallery

The Science Gallery is a world first. A new type of venue where today's white-hot scientific issues are thrashed out and you can have your say. A place where ideas meet and opinions collide. -- sciencegallery.com

--
Diarmuid Bourke / diarmui...@gmail.com
ZenDoc / CTO dbo...@getzendoc.com

Vicky Lee - Python Ireland