View this page "Installing Tkinter for maya"

farsheed

Dec 25, 2007, 8:31:05 PM12/25/07
to python_inside_maya
First Merry Christmas to All.
Click on http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya/web/installing-tkinter-for-maya
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.
Message has been deleted

Thom Wickes

Dec 27, 2007, 6:53:20 AM12/27/07
to python_inside_maya
just trying to get this setup in ubuntu...

tcl8.4 and tk8.4 are both in /usr/lib/ and lib-tk is in /usr/lib/
python2.5/lib-tk, but not sure where to find the equivalent to C:
\Python25\DLLs to put in the pythonpath

anyone know?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jbra...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2008, 5:36:48 PM2/6/08
to python_inside_maya
There seems to be some kind of DLL conflict. I'm recieving this error
when I try and import tkinter in maya.

ImportError: Module use of python25.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.

Any ideas? I know Maya's python version is 2.4.

John Creson

Feb 6, 2008, 5:59:37 PM2/6/08
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
remember to look in the python25.zip file in the bin directory.
python25.dll sits right next to it.
Sometimes things hide in there.
(or python24.zip and python24.dll in 8.5)

You should be using the 2.4 with Maya8.5

jbra...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2008, 6:08:39 PM2/6/08
to python_inside_maya
That's funny I notice that the python24.zip in the maya bin directory
has the lib-tk yet you can't import it...

I do see the python24.dll in the zip, so I would assume my error is
coming from Maya attempting to read from the 2.5 dll. Do you happen to
know what the fix is for this? I've followed the instructions above
exactly so it's interesting that I get this error.

Chadrik

Feb 6, 2008, 8:57:43 PM2/6/08
to python_inside_maya

the simplest way is to ensure that you are not setting PYTHONPATH or
PYTHONHOME at all -- not in the shell that launches maya or the
Maya.env. if you let maya set these on its own, then you won't get
the conflict. if you need to set PYTHONPATH, don't set it to the
python2.5 directory, set it to some neutral location that you create
yourself. also, it's best to avoid setting sys.path because this is
just a dirty fix for PYTHONPATH, which is the proper method.

John Creson

Feb 7, 2008, 12:13:15 AM2/7/08
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
It might be looking for it in the maya8.5/Python folder
You can try copying the files out of the zip and into that Python folder.

kakle

Feb 12, 2008, 11:40:57 AM2/12/08
to python_inside_maya
YAY, i was utterly failing at getting pyqt working(i swear it hates
me), and i really wanted some thing with more control than maya built
in

John Creson

Feb 12, 2008, 4:21:26 PM2/12/08
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
if the initial pyqt instructions aren't working for you, the examples
may still work, did you try them out?