Conflicts with Python 2.6?

FatalArms

Mar 31, 2009, 9:30:00 PM3/31/09
to Python Ogre Developers
I'm completely new to Python and to Ogre (and, hence, to PythonOgre).
I've been trying for hours to get this to run on my computer, but I'm
not having a lot of luck.

I think this may be a version conflict. I had Python 2.5 on my system
already, but now I've installed the latest version of Python, which is
2.6. The PythonOgre installer expects version 2.5.

Now for the "fun" stuff. I go to install PythonOgre. A folder is
automatically created called packages_2.5, but when running the
setup.py file I get an error saying that folder "packages_2.6" does
not exist. I can get the install to finish by renaming the
packages_2.5 folder to packages_2.6.

However, when I try to run any of the .py demos or anything, I get
"module use of python25.dll conflicts with this version of Python."
Argh.

I've really been trying to give PythonOgre a shot, but the past few
hours leave me nearly defeated. What can I do to fix this?

Krešimir Špes

Apr 1, 2009, 5:50:43 AM4/1/09
to Python Ogre Developers
Python ogre runs only on Python 2.5. 2.6 is not supported yet.

Nthalk

Apr 1, 2009, 11:30:36 AM4/1/09
to Python Ogre Developers
"What can I do to fix this?"

Uninstall python26, and reinstall python25.

FatalArms

Apr 1, 2009, 12:53:45 PM4/1/09
to Python Ogre Developers
Thanks, guys. I had tried uninstalling, but apparently Python 2.6,
when uninstalled, still remains in the Environment Variables Path in
XP. Ahead of Python 2.5, in fact. Once I removed that, things got
better.