[PySide] Limitation on the number of signals

João Vale

Dec 13, 2010, 11:38:07 AM12/13/10
to pys...@lists.openbossa.org
Hi all,

I'm developing an application using PySide (v1.0.0beta1 with Python
2.7) and I seem to have stumbled into a strange problem. I have work
that is being done in separate threads, so I created signals that
notify the UI when the threads finish doing their stuff.

The problem that occurs is that after creating about 10 signals, if I
create a new one, one of the fist signals stops working, the emit()
call returns False. This happens even if the new signal isn't
connected to anything.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks in advance,
João

Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho

Dec 13, 2010, 12:18:30 PM12/13/10
to João Vale, pys...@lists.openbossa.org
Hi Joao,

Could you create a small example with this problem. With this I can
check exactly what is happening and check if this is a bug on PySide.

--
Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

Vladimir Vlasov

Feb 3, 2011, 6:31:26 PM2/3/11
to pys...@lists.openbossa.org
Hi Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho,

Looks like I just experienced the same problem. Please look at attached source. It fails with the latest PySide from git on Linux x64 and on Windows with Python 2.6.6 and the latest beta5 package from http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/P/PySide/PySide-1.0.0beta5qt471.win32-py2.6.exe

If I create more than 13 signals, some of emitters do nothing. Should i fill a bug report?

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM, João Vale <joao.vale at ndrive.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing an application using PySide (v1.0.0beta1 with Python
> 2.7) and I seem to have stumbled into a strange problem. I have work
> that is being done in separate threads, so I created signals that
> notify the UI when the threads finish doing their stuff.
>
> The problem that occurs is that after creating about 10 signals, if I
> create a new one, one of the fist signals stops working, the emit()
> call returns False. This happens even if the new signal isn't
> connected to anything.
>
> Any idea what could be going on?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> João
signal_number_limit_test.py

Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho

Feb 7, 2011, 8:34:59 AM2/7/11
to Vladimir Vlasov, pys...@lists.openbossa.org
Hi Vladimir,

I have checked your example and I did not see anything wrong then,
could you report a bug with this unit test attached?

Thanks

Vladimir Vlasov

Feb 8, 2011, 6:48:51 AM2/8/11
to pys...@lists.openbossa.org