Windows 7 support

dusans

Nov 13, 2009, 4:40:16 AM11/13/09
to PyScripter
Is PyScripter tested on Windows 7 working? I did it and i get an error
on startup.

Tahar, Taouaga (TT)

Nov 13, 2009, 5:19:42 AM11/13/09
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
It's working on my laptop and I have windows 7 installed

ArGut

Nov 16, 2009, 2:22:27 PM11/16/09
to PyScripter
Comparing to XP, for me, there are any difference. I have issue with
shell integration software and it appear on both but with different
addresses.

dusans

Nov 24, 2009, 6:48:34 AM11/24/09
to PyScripter
I installed python 64 bit on Windows 7. Then PyScripter.
When u start PyScripter it says it cant find python23.dll.
Python works, but there is no pythonXX.dll in Windows/System(32)
directory.
On XP there are pythonXX.dll in Windows/System(32) directory

Garrett Mooney

Nov 24, 2009, 12:21:54 PM11/24/09
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
I think it has been discussed that you need to use the 32 bit version
of python on 64 bit windows, if i remember correctly.

Perica Zivkovic

Nov 24, 2009, 3:32:17 PM11/24/09
to PyScripter
If that does not help you can always try Portable Python (http://
www.PortablePython.com)

I'm using it on Windows 7 / Vista / XP and on Windows server 2008 R2
without problems. PyScripter and bunch of other libraries / editors
are pre-installed and pre-configured.

cheers,

Perica