How to get confidence distribution using MC??

Anand

Dec 17, 2009, 4:53:48 AM12/17/09
to PyMC
Hi all

I am trying to understand how to get confidence distribution using
monte carlo simulation based on Joel blog

suppose i get the sum of esimates/Random velocity as 71.3

I repeat steps 100 times & get the 100 values like {71.3, 96, 63,
75..............}
Similarly i get the data for all the other developers in the team.

What are the api's to create cumulative distribution function (CDF) to
get confidence distribution graph? How do i do that using pymc?

-Thanks & Regards
Anand

Anand Patil

Dec 20, 2009, 7:27:52 AM12/20/09
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hello self,

Very interesting webpage. You could do something similar, but a bit
more sophisticated using a Bayesian hierarchical model in PyMC. I'd
suggest checking out Gelman's _Bayesian Analysis_.

If you want to replicate their empirical method exactly, however, PyMC
is overkill... you can easily draw random elements from a set, produce
empirical CDF's etc. using NumPy.

Have fun,
Anand