On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Jason S. <jas...@tuffmail.com> wrote:Here comes yet another approach to Pylons on GAE problem, without virtualenv:
> I just did a fresh pip install of Pylons and looked over the Paste
> stuff, and it looks like there is a .pth file that comes with each
> Paste package (ending with the string "nspkg.pth") that contains
> executable Python (!) (I didn't know pth files could have code in
> them) that jiggles with the path. Weird stuff. Anyway, it wouldn't
> work without those pth files, or, as you noted, simply adding an
> __init__.py to paste/
1. Write a script, to analysis dependencies of the working Pylons
2. ln -s (or copy) all the dependencies python package to the root
3. If the dependence package has a .pth associated with it, append its
4. ln -s (or copy) all the dependencies .egg-info dir to the root dir,
5. (optional) To avoid .egg-info dirs take too much quote of file
This approach makes all the pkg_resource needed information available
As I'm not a setuptools guru, I'd like to hear some opinions on it or
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.