Pyramid 1.1 has been released. This is the first non-beta release
in the 1.1 series. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Here are the changes from Pyramid 1.1b4:
- Added the ``pyramid.renderers.null_renderer`` object as an API. The
null renderer is an object that can be used in advanced integration
cases as input to the view configuration ``renderer=`` argument.
When the null renderer is used as a view renderer argument, Pyramid
avoids converting the view callable result into a Response object.
This is useful if you want to reuse the view configuration and
lookup machinery outside the context of its use by the Pyramid
router. This feature was added for consumption by the
``pyramid_rpc`` package, which uses view configuration and lookup
outside the context of a router in exactly this way.
``pyramid_rpc`` has been broken under 1.1 since 1.1b1; adding it
allows us to make it work again.
- Change all scaffolding templates that point to
docs.pylonsproject.org to use ``/projects/pyramid/current`` rather
- Remove ``compat`` code that served only the purpose of providing
backwards compatibility with Python 2.4.
- Add a deprecation warning for non-API function
``pyramid.renderers.renderer_from_name`` which has seen use in the
- Add a ``clone`` method to ``pyramid.renderers.RendererHelper`` for
use by the ``pyramid.view.view_config`` decorator.
- Fixed two typos in wiki2 (SQLA + URL Dispatch) tutorial.
- Reordered chapters in narrative section for better new user
- Added more indexing markers to sections in documentation.
A "What's New In Pyramid 1.1" document exists at
You will be able to see the 1.1 release documentation (across all
alphas and betas, as well as when it eventually gets to final release)
at http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/1.1/ .
You can install it via PyPI:
Enjoy, and please report any issues you find to the issue tracker at