I've had to run a few 'maintenance' routines on one of my apps :
- we changed a few db fields
- we needed to clear the cache
- the functions that created some db field data were updated, so
everything needed to be tested for compliance and possibly regenerated
i couldn't figure out a good way to handle this .
- with an independent script , i'd lose a lot of the functionality
tied to the app/pyramid
- using the commandline / shell for pyramid , i couldn't figure out
how to run everything with a request object ( as many functions are
tied to that )
so i've ended up creating a few views, lock them down, and then turn
them off after I run them.
nothing has caused a timeout, yet, but i'd like a better option. can
someone point me in the right direction ?